Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Squares are great Raduises not so good.

Posted by redsalamander 
Squares are great Raduises not so good.
August 06, 2013 09:13AM
I am going mad !!!

My machine prints fine as long as I my prints move linear. (includes 45' for infill)
As soon as my print includes a radius it goes off course. Example attached.

First the printer structure XY moves on a fixed plane and the Z moves up and down Picture attached

What I have tried to fix this is
Current from drivers started with 0.4 as base line and actually tried higher and lower current .35 and up to .5
I have added a 2nd belt on the oposite side of the x carrige

I have looked and tried the bits from the print pictoral troubleshooting guide.

What happens is the when it starts printing the curve it does the firts 20' at notmal speed then jumps to about 60' and that seems to put enought force on the carrige to have the motor jump a few steps.

I want to explore gearing the motor from where it currently needs 5 steps per mm to get it around 20-30 steps per mm. This however is a catch22 I need gears to get the printer to work and need the printer to work to print gears.

Schrödinger's Print: when you go to bed leaving your printer printing, when you wake up you may have the perfect print or your printer may have blown up. Both realities are true till you get up and look.

About my Printer:
Built a Repstap inspired printer from a clean sheet.
It has a theoretical build volume of 310x450x350 (the biggest thing I've managed to print half decent is about 30x50x40)
Electronics are Arduino Mega with Ramps1.4 Pololu drivers
The printer is constucted form 25mm Aluminum tube with connectit connectors
Most parts where improvised and modified as needed.
Linear bearing are based on what I found on google and is 2 angle peices with 608z bearings
I have been printing parts mainly to upgrade the printer things like motor mounts etc.
No heated bed, but my
Re: Squares are great Raduises not so good.
August 06, 2013 12:01PM
I found this post [forums.reprap.org]

he seems to have had the exact oposite problem I was having

It did not ucur to me to go back to the sketch

I changes the Acceleration settings to

_MAX_XY_JERK from 20.0 to 8.0

Also max acceleration units per sq second from 5000,5000,50,5000 changed to 1000,1000,10,1000

Seems to have done the trick. will pring a couple more things to see.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login