Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Newbie with a lot of problems on repstrap

Posted by josh123 
Newbie with a lot of problems on repstrap
October 10, 2013 04:43PM
Hi

I am having some problems connecting this to the computer as the stepper motors for the x and y are salvaged from printers. I am also having some problems with the hot end not heating. Can you also recommend a software please? I just don't know where to start.

Thanks
Josh
Re: Newbie with a lot of problems on repstrap
October 12, 2013 12:46AM
What do you have, and what's working so far?
October 13, 2013 03:23PM
Just realised that i couldn't use the forum photo attachment because it said it was more than the 614.4kb so here are the links to them on photobucket.

[i1115.photobucket.com]
[i1115.photobucket.com]
[i1115.photobucket.com]
[i1115.photobucket.com]
[i1115.photobucket.com]
[i1115.photobucket.com]
[i1115.photobucket.com]
[i1115.photobucket.com]
[i1115.photobucket.com]

Thanks
Josh
October 14, 2013 06:49PM
Well it looks like you have a Sanguinololu, something I've just started with myself. I've had great results with Repetier Firmware (on the Sanguinololu) + Repetier Host (on my computer), both downloadable from:
[www.repetier.com]

Start with Repetier Host, because the label on your Sanguiniololu tels me that you have some firmware (probably Marlin or Sprinter) already installed. Repetier Host can talk to just about any firmware that you're allowed to install on a Sanguinololu. Just get Repetier Host to be able to connect with your Sanguinololu (unplug everything except the USB if needed), then take your troubleshooting one step at a time. (e.g. Get X axis to work, then Y, then Z, then heaters.) The "Manual control" portion of Repetier Host is great for this.
October 15, 2013 02:00PM
Thanks for the reply Frontier204, i have installed the repetier software but on the firmware it says i need to have "sanguino" selected but it is not in the drop down boards menu?

Josh
October 16, 2013 01:16AM
install sanguino plug in for ardunio ide. I think the first time you will need to do a manual install. also there are 2 chipsets for that board. the 644, and the 1284

[sanguino.cc]

if this is not a firmware install but a software issue, then select ramps/marlin or sprinter as board.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2013 01:21AM by jamesdanielv.
October 18, 2013 04:58PM
Thanks James, I uploaded the firmware and on repetier the LED lights up but when i try to move anything it does nothing. On pronterface when i try to home the axis it just rings? Can someone come on skype or something because i think it has a lot of problems?

Josh
October 26, 2013 04:18PM
Just realized i didn't have the jumpers installed and everything moves apart from the x axis but i have ordered a motor for it. The hot end also heats up fine and extrudes perfectly, should be printing in a few weeks(and hopefully before my 14th birthday in november).

Josh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login