Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DIYTechShop i3xl Hot End Issue

Posted by Psionystic 
DIYTechShop i3xl Hot End Issue
March 07, 2014 06:12PM
I've been assembling and calibrating a Prusa i3xl from DIY Tech Shop. I'm at the point where I can print a few small calibration objects [10x10x3mm plate], but then the print flow starts stuttering. I'm printing with 1.75mm PLA at 190C. After disassembling the hot end, I find that the PTFE tubing has expanded, and there is a solid bulge of PLA inside. I tracked down replacement tubing for it, but it has just happened again after a handful of plates. The attached picture shows what has happened; I can't easily extract the tubing from the brass. Do you have any suggestions to prevent this from happening again?
Attachments:
open | download - PTFE bulge.jpg (371.7 KB)
Re: DIYTechShop i3xl Hot End Issue
March 07, 2014 09:09PM
[forums.reprap.org]
[forums.reprap.org]

tl;dr: Contact DIYTechShop and get a replacement. They have been having quality control issues with their hot ends.

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
Re: DIYTechShop i3xl Hot End Issue
March 07, 2014 11:07PM
Exactly what New Perfection said. Call up diytechshop. They know there are issues with their hotends and they've been replacing them. They've told me that the issues have been fixed though. In my experience they've been great at replacing parts with no hassle.

What do you mean by stuttering? Does it appear as the gears are skipping while it is printing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2014 11:09PM by cfy7.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login