Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Infill going to the end of axis!

Posted by gomme600 
Infill going to the end of axis!
October 19, 2015 01:20PM
Hi. I have finished building my first printer. I am using the repetier host firmware and software. Everything is calibrated correctly but when printing the infill starts going crazy and goes to the end of the axis. (See photo of failed print). Does anyone know what is wrong please? I think it is a problem with Slic3r! Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - first-print.jpg (600.3 KB)
Re: Infill going to the end of axis!
October 19, 2015 01:23PM
Might be a stepper loosing steps. You might have to bump up the voltage on the stepper drivers.
October 19, 2015 01:37PM
It seems to work ok when controling them manualy... Thanks for the advice though! I will continue playing around with it, I haven't checked the drivers/steppers yet!
October 19, 2015 02:24PM
you could try running the gcode at a very very slow speed and see if the results are better, or just different at all. I would blame the slicer for this, but missing steps are always a possibility.

Master Tinkerer
October 19, 2015 05:04PM
Mine was the acceleration, had to (by try and error) lower all the values an axel per time till the motors stopped skipping steps.
I found out just recently that I choose a very poorly my power supply, that you need 30A on the 12v channels to keep everything running at top speed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login