Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin, Z Endstop Not Working

Posted by White.Renard 
Marlin, Z Endstop Not Working
July 14, 2016 03:28AM
Hey,

I've been building a wooden Smartrapcore and I'm just about done. I'm using Ramps 1.4.
I was trying to calibrate my Z capacitive sensor (NO, NPN), it always showed as triggered with M119 regardless whether something was close to it or not. The LED only turned on when something was close to it and I tried to adjust the pot on top of the sensor and it didn't make any difference.

So I thought maybe the sensor is defective. I connected a regular mechanical endstop switch (NC) and changed the firmware to MECHANICAL_PROBE so I can use a manual probe part.

I'm experiencing the same issue with the mechanical switch as well. It shows as Open whether it's actually triggered by my finger or not! Basically, it's status doesn't change at all! I've tested the switch with a multimeter and it's working, so the switch isn't defective either.
The Z axis moves freely up and down in any situation and isn't affected by the endstop.

I've checked my ramps and arduino for soldering shorts etc and it seems fine. Could the Z min pins be damaged? If so, how can I verify if it's working or not?

Update: I just tried attaching the endstop switch to Z Max and configured firmwarea for max endstop and it still doesn't change endstop status!

P.S. Attached my Config file.
Last thing I did was disabling Auto bed leveling to see if it made any difference, but it didn't.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2016 05:09AM by White.Renard.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (45.5 KB)
Re: Marlin, Z Endstop Not Working
July 14, 2016 08:54PM
Switch the logic of your endstop in configuration h file.
Re: Marlin, Z Endstop Not Working
July 15, 2016 09:53AM
Make sure the mechanical endstop is using the S and GND pins. If M119 isn't showing changes, then something is wrong with the MEGA or firmware.

If your sensor put more than 5vdc into the endstop S pin, then you may need to replace the MEGA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2016 09:55AM by stephenrc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login