Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Set a different config dir for slic3r 0.9.8

Posted by gege2b 
Set a different config dir for slic3r 0.9.8
March 12, 2013 05:15AM
Hi,

I'm using Slic3r 0.9.8 on several PCs, synced with Dropbox (so there is always the same config on any PC)
However, the way slic3r 0.9.8 use this config files makes this to not work properly, as the config files are saved in a local directory, outside of my dropbox folder.

So my question is : is there any way to set the config dir ?
In earlier version, there is a --load parameter, but it seems to work only for the "old" unique config.ini file

Cheers!

Gege
[innocuousprototypes.gege2b.info]
Re: Set a different config dir for slic3r 0.9.8
March 19, 2013 02:29PM
You can launch it using the --datadir option. For example: ./slic3r --datadir /Users/foo/Dropbox/Slic3rConfig

However you can just make a symlink between ~/Library/Application Support/Slic3r (which is the default location) and your Dropbox folder. There are tutorials and utilities out there, and that's how I did for syncing my Slic3r presets across my machines - I have to say it works flawlessly smiling smiley
March 25, 2013 08:50AM
Hi,

Well, hum... Oops... I'm not under linux, sorry grinning smiley
so symlynks and so will not work, but I'll keep that in mind in case I add a linux into my computer fleet smiling smiley

I tried the datadir option, and this his exactly what I was looking for !
Thank you
March 25, 2013 12:47PM
Oh, for some reason I assumed you were on OS X, but there was no reason for thinking that indeed. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login