Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Support Material the same using different values

Posted by Aberrant 
Support Material the same using different values
November 01, 2013 07:04PM
I am using Slic3r and under support material, I have checked the box and tried many different values. Everything from 25 degrees to 88 degrees. I also tried 0 for the auto generation. Each time I get the SAME support material being generated. How is that possible using completely different overhang values? Any help would be greatly apprecaited.
Re: Support Material the same using different values
November 08, 2013 09:33AM
It's a known bug. I think 0.98 was the last release where this setting worked. winking smiley
November 09, 2013 03:20AM
noob
It's a known bug. I think 0.98 was the last release where this setting worked. winking smiley

Consoidering it isa known bug, and a previous version worked. ... you would assume someone would have been quick to fix it. I'll try reverting to.0.98 and try again. Is there any functionality or quality lost by rolling back to a previous version?
November 10, 2013 06:14PM
Where can I find a copy of the old version 0.98? I can only find release notes on the slic3r website, but I would like the functionality of support material.
November 11, 2013 11:23PM
You can find the old versions here: [dl.slic3r.org]

I have a similar problem, and this issue persists with Slic3r versions 9-10b, 9-9 and 9-8. I have not tried any versions older than 9-8. When setting up multiple extruders, slic3r will always export g-code for extruder 2 (T1) temp to 200 degrees C (default value in slic3r), no matter what profile (or temp set in that profile) I select in the plater menu's second filiment drop down box. It works correctly for extruder 1 (T0). Is there something I am doing wrong? Or a good work around? As of now, all I have been able to do to correct it is manually change it in the exported g-code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Trevor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 10:59PM by tjdouble07.
November 12, 2013 10:59PM
Anyone have anything they can offer for me to try?
November 14, 2013 01:30AM
Thank you for the link. Other than the G-code change, I can only think of setting it manually on the control box. Just as annoying as editing the g-code though. I have not been using slicer lately for that one reason, the lack of control with support. KISSlicer has great support options, and even works well with single nozzle printers.I am going to create my own support and then compare the same scale print in both programs.
November 16, 2013 03:10PM
Thanks for the suggestion. At least fort an interum solution, I will try kisslicer.
November 16, 2013 03:24PM
If you have any questions about the UI let me know. I'll try to explain in Slic3r terms so it correlates.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login