Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feature Request - auto XYZ scaling

Posted by hayedid 
Feature Request - auto XYZ scaling
December 30, 2013 03:52AM
Hi. I have a feature request for Slic3r. I know this can be done in somewhat effectively in printer firmware by changing the steps per mm, but it would be really great if it were built into slicer.

Attached to the 'printer' settings, it would be extremely helpful if automatic and individual X,Y,Z scaling could be included in the settings.

When I print test objects, the objects are consistently off scale. For example, I printed a 30mm x 30mm x 30mm object. When measuring, the object produced was:

X: 29.8 mm
Y: 29.8 mm
Z: 30.2 mm

If auto X, Y, Z scaling was included in Slicer, it could take into account the auto-scaling when slicing the object so that it could print correctly.

Incidentally, I use Slic3r through the Repetier interface. I click 'configure' and setup all my options within Slic3r, but I use the 'Slice' button within Repetier, which I believe slices the model by calling Slic3r via the command line.

Thank you.
Re: Feature Request - auto XYZ scaling
December 30, 2013 08:54AM
I think that it will not be implemented. The current idea of Slic3r development for adding new correction features is that if you can fix a calibration issue in firmware, it should be fixed in firmware.
December 30, 2013 03:02PM
So you want slic3r to compensate for your machine not being calibrated properly? Why not just calibrate your machine.

Not going to happen.
January 01, 2014 08:22PM
I don't consider 0.2mm to be off scale. When you consider how a home 3d printer is put together, it's amazing it achieves that!

Click here to login