Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[SOLVED] Extruder temperature setting problem

Posted by AdeelUK 
[SOLVED] Extruder temperature setting problem
January 25, 2014 01:14PM
Hi there, ive just finished building my first printer, the prusa i3. The printers all good to go, for the calibration cube i converted an stl. into gcode using slic3r however as i go to run the file in pronterface the extruder temp, which in sic3r settings i set to 240 gets set to 200 after running the gcode, the printer waits for the extruder to reach this temp and then start printing however the plastic doesnt extrude very smoothly due to the lower temp. I have the same problem with the heatbed sad smiley

Im running sprinter through an arduino/ramps setup.
Thermistors are all working and i can manually reach 240 and extrude (ABS) smoothly.

Ive included an image of the slic3r setting and feel that the problem lies in the sprinter firmware (the section of which is in the image).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2014 03:19PM by AdeelUK.
Attachments:
open | download - extruder temp prob..png (155.3 KB)
Re: [SOLVED] Extruder temperature setting problem
January 26, 2014 01:04AM
When you slice the object, are you starting slic3r yourself, or from within Pronterface? Pronterface might be specifying a different config file that has different values.
Re: [SOLVED] Extruder temperature setting problem
January 26, 2014 07:41AM
the problem was solved after using slic3r independantly of pronterface and then opening the gcode from wih in pronterface.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login