Error when compiling repetier firmware
February 16, 2013 06:03PM
Hi,

downloaded today the 0.81 repetier-firmware, the newest Gen7 hardware files (I have a 1.3.1 Gen7) and tried to compile with arduino 1.0.3.
Get the following compiler error (uint8<->uint16):
In file included from /home/miri/Mendel/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/Gen7-dist/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:220,
                 from Reptier.h:229,
                 from Repetier.pde:111:
/home/miri/Mendel/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/Gen7-dist/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.h:42: error: conflicting declaration ‘const uint8_t port_to_mode_PGM []’
/home/miri/Mendel/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/Gen7-dist/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:134: error: ‘port_to_mode_PGM’ has a previous declaration as ‘const uint16_t port_to_mode_PGM []’
/home/miri/Mendel/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/Gen7-dist/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.h:43: error: conflicting declaration ‘const uint8_t port_to_input_PGM []’
/home/miri/Mendel/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/Gen7-dist/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:135: error: ‘port_to_input_PGM’ has a previous declaration as ‘const uint16_t port_to_input_PGM []’
/home/miri/Mendel/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/Gen7-dist/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.h:44: error: conflicting declaration ‘const uint8_t port_to_output_PGM []’
/home/miri/Mendel/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/Gen7-dist/cores/arduino/Arduino.h:136: error: ‘port_to_output_PGM’ has a previous declaration as ‘const uint16_t port_to_output_PGM []’

Ideas?
*michi*
Re: Error when compiling repetier firmware
February 17, 2013 03:09AM
Sounds like the gen7 files have different declarations for port to mode. I'm not at home to verify that, but perhaps Traumflug can say something about it or you compare the two declarations and make them match yourself.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 17, 2013 06:15PM
Is this the Gen7 Arduino IDE Support package 2.1? Older versions aren't compatible with Arduino 1.0.3, see: [www.reprap.org]

/home/miri/Mendel/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/Gen7-dist/cores/arduino/pins_arduino.h:42

I can't find either a folder "Gen7-dist" in the package nor a file pins_arduino.h next to Arduino.h. To me it looks like your installation is messed up a bit.

Is it possible you copied these files directly from the Gen7 Github repository? In that case you'd have to rename "Gen7-dist" to "Gen7" or the boards.txt file won't fit. And I'm not even sure wether the files directly in the repository match those in the ZIP package.

Also it looks like you copied new files over older ones. Doesn't work, as Arduino has choosen to remove a few older files.

My guess is, it's a good idea to remove the entire arduino-1.0.3 folder, unpack it again and install a fresh Gen7 support from the ZIP package (in the release documents folder).

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

February 18, 2013 12:53PM
your are right... I installed from the github.
With the 2.1 linked in the wiki repetier compiles without problems.
Thanks
Michael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login