Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-Server on Pi

Posted by daichiasuka 
Repetier-Server on Pi
May 09, 2013 01:08AM
I'm trying to setup the server on a Raspberry Pi to control a Mendel 90, but I can't seem to get the server to actually do anything with the printer. It will connect and claim that it is online, but no commands work (manually types or button driven, there is nothing visable in the Printer Log. All temperatures read 0, so I'm assuming that it really isn't connected correctly.

I've used the printer in Host 0.85b on a Windows box and most of the settings I'm using in the config are copied from there. I've set the baud rates everywhere including the Marlin firmware to 115200. Also I am able to easily connect and control the printer via pronsole without issue.

What am I missing here?
Re: Repetier-Server on Pi
May 09, 2013 05:00AM
Have you set transfer protocol to ascii. My defaults are for Repetier-Firmware which works much better with binary protocol, but marlin does not understand that format.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
May 09, 2013 06:19AM
Yes, it is set to ASCII.
May 09, 2013 01:41PM
Have you ried pressing the reset switch on the printer after connect? The server expects a "start" from the firmware at the start. It resets using DTR, but in case it fails it will never see the start response.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
May 10, 2013 09:22AM
Ahh. That did the trick.

Anyway I can get it to connect without manually pushing the button? It's not a big deal, I guess, since I would only need to do it if I power cycled the printer/pi.
May 10, 2013 10:31AM
Currently no other solution. I need to add a method telling that auto reset does not work, so the server does not wait for ever. Hopefully in the next version.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login