Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier .90 freezing issue

Posted by tjb1 
Repetier .90 freezing issue
July 05, 2013 09:21AM
I have been having problems with the new .90 host. I have tried a particular print 4 different times and they all have failed at a little over the halfway point (Layer 480 out of 800). I know the location that two have failed for sure (478 & 480). I had thought this was related to something in my new computer that I had not turned off(sleep, usb management, etc.) but I did test it on my old laptop with the same result.

One of the freezes actually froze the whole computer, the others just freeze the printer to the point where it will not respond to anything. I did try last night moving the printer back to my old laptop which had run the printer flawlessly before, woke up today to find out the printer had froze at layer 478. This has not been the same g-code, everytime has been re-sliced using .9.10 slic3r which has worked fine before .90 host. Also, when the printer freezes, I get no errors. Repetier says absolutely nothing but the printer has stopped.

New computer
-Printer froze at ~400-450
-Printer froze at 480
-Printer/Computer froze ~450-500

Old laptop
-Printer froze at 478

The only difference in the old laptop was upgrading to .90 host, being an upgrade it also retained all settings that have worked without issue on .85.
Re: Repetier .90 freezing issue
July 09, 2013 06:42PM
No one else has this problem? It was mentioned in the hangout that someone else did encounter this issue and it was supposedly fixed in .90c, is that true repetier? I can't go around wasting any more filament after it freezing 6 hours in.
July 10, 2013 03:13AM
I had no freezing problems and you are the only one I know who has that problem, especially in such a narrow band.

Have you tried pressing "ok" when that happened. With marlin(sprinter this can help if the problem is to many missed "ok" responses (due to communication errors the o or k might be missing). In that case I would expect also some resend requuest during the print. One other reason for such hangs is a broken usb communication, where you need to unplug usb cord to get it running again.

You could also try a dry run (if using repetier firmware) to run layer 400-500 for testing. But repetier-firmware has no "ok" hangs, as it would send a "wait" if it has nothing to do and is waiting for new data.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
July 18, 2013 01:24PM
Exactly my problem !
But I have more info, I have an G13 (game key pad).
The G13 show CPU and RAM use; the CPU was steady 99%.

I had to power off/on.

I am down grade a step!angry smiley

/Bertil
October 12, 2013 04:12PM
I have the freezing problem as well. The print is going well and for no reason, it freezes. The extruder head stays hot, the bed stays warm but the motors stop in place. I have to Ctrl, Alt, Del and end task in the control panel to exit the program. The print is shot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login