Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Strange tool paths in 1.0.6

Posted by Gyvven 
Strange tool paths in 1.0.6
February 02, 2015 06:05PM
I upgraded to 1.0.6 when I fired up Repetier and was given the notice that a newer version was available. However, when I was calibrating and bed leveling I tried printing the calibration cube and there would occasionally be a glitch that would send the extruder to 0 on the Y (sometimes less), it only happened once or twice in the first couple layers and then was ok, but it was extruding the whole way, about 60mm. I didn't think it was a big deal but then I tried printing the same thing after re-slicing and it started doing it on every layer, sometimes in Y, then in X, and a couple times it went Max X and Y at the same time. I thought maybe it was Slic3r but then I tried it with Cura and the same thing happened. I'm not sure what's going on. I tried to re-slice and anything I could think of to find the issue.

Then I tried to go back to the 0.95F by uninstalling and re-installing, now it won't let me get past the splashscreen. I've run uninstall, registry cleaner, gone into the registry and gotten rid of anything tagged Repetier, and tried reinstalling either version and nothing works. Running win 7 pro 64-bit. Fortunately, this is on my laptop and I'm able to run 0.95F from my desktop, running win 7 ultimate 64-bit. Everything works great with the old version.

Mainly I just want to report the one problem with the erratic travels during print, I can probably figure out the install issue on my own. I'll include images shortly.
Re: Strange tool paths in 1.0.6
February 03, 2015 12:02PM
Here's a shot of one of the times the g-code sent the print head down to Y0 and then went back.

Not sure what's up with the image link, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Flickr image

February 03, 2015 01:49PM
That is really looking strange. From the action I assume the gcode was in deed created like this. Hopefully the next version will not have that problem. Since I'm not the author there is not much I can do.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
February 03, 2015 01:55PM
Just read that cura does the same.

Does it also appear in the gcode preview? If it happens during print it must be generated by the slicer or it is a communication error like
G1 X100

becomes

G1 X1

(which has the same checksum in ascii mode)

Here binary protocol would help if you use Repetier-Firmware

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login