Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier-host disable auto-zoom on object

Posted by MPower 
Repetier-host disable auto-zoom on object
March 28, 2015 06:48AM
Is there any way to disable the auto-zoom on object after adding an object? It is annoying to zoom out every time you add an object. Actually, not sure how this auto zoom is even helpful.

http://www.i3d.ro
Re: Repetier-host disable auto-zoom on object
March 28, 2015 09:29AM
No you can not disable it. And why should it not be helpfull? Before I always hat to zoom in to see the objects better. And if you add objects the zoom adjusts. Why is it helpfull to see the empty bed?

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
March 28, 2015 09:51AM
You set your point of view and zoom level as desired. Whenever you add an object, the software changes these settings without the intent of the user, forcing the user to re-adjust and fiddle with the zoom level. Add 5 or even 10 objects and you will get my drift.
Also, Repetier-host is a printer host, you are more interested in the overall view and how objects are arranged on your printing surface. Close-ups would be suitable more in the design stage, not laying your objects on the printing surface.

Not sure I understand the empty bed question. You place your point of view at your comfortable zoom level and work from there. You need a zoom change, you zoom in. The software assuming to know which zoom level is best for me is far from usability practices.

Nevertheless, there is a dedicated button "zoom objects to fit", if I _really_ wanted to go that close.

March 28, 2015 11:26AM
I guess it is a bit of a personal preference. Will see if we implement a setting for this, so everyone can decide it self.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
March 28, 2015 11:38AM
Another thing (not going to open another thread for this other one): I suggested the dialogs to have ESC key binded to the Cancel/Close button of that dialog. You agreed and you implemented this, but "Copy object(s)" dialog was left out. It could use the same effect, ESC key closing it.

PS: yes, I know, they are tiny bits, probably more important aspects to address on the list. But I am using Repetier on a daily basis and I want it perfect smiling smiley

March 28, 2015 11:48AM
ESC for copy was in deed missing. Have added it for next release. Also want to be perfect :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login