Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No manual control or stepper movement after homing

Posted by RichardA 
No manual control or stepper movement after homing
September 20, 2015 08:12PM
Hi all,
My printer will send all axes home when I push the home button, but I can't get any other movement using any manual controls or G code commands. I am using a custom printer with Marlin firmware comfigured for a Prusa i3. Any help is appreciated.
Best,
Richard
Re: No manual control or stepper movement after homing
November 13, 2015 03:04AM
Hey there,

i'm having the exact same problem for a few hours now. I had the Printer up and running (Arduino Mega, RAMPS 1.4) and just replaced the hotend (working without problems), when suddenly that problem appeared: homing works fine, then no more movement. Many hours of research didn't give me any answer and this is the only result, that actually deals with the exact same problem. I've also tried everything that could even remotely be connected to the problem, but nothing solved it. Just as i'm writing this, i all of a sudden could move the z-axis manually after homing and then suddenly the heatsink fan stopped, but z-axis and homing is still working flawlessly.

This is really confusing. I mean, eveything works totally fine when homing, so what can be the problem.
I'd also really appreciate any help for me and Richard.

Best,
Marvin
Re: No manual control or stepper movement after homing
November 13, 2015 10:26AM
That is a strange behaviour. As always with such problems, check the log and commands send. That normally gives more hints and is the only way to find out more.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login