Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tool offset?

Posted by BeebBenjamin 
Tool offset?
June 03, 2014 04:20PM
When I attempt to extrude, I get the following error "Attempting to extrude with no tool selected." I've read in the g-codes that this is related to tool offset. What is this? Also, how do I make g-codes which will fit my build bed configuration? The default files that come with the firm ware mean that my bed goes out of bounds and clatters.

Thanks for all your help!

Ben
Re: Tool offset?
June 03, 2014 04:25PM
You can set the bounds of the bed by putting an M208 command in config.g, see [reprap.org].

Regarding the error message, I believe you need to put a T1 command in the gcode if you are using the RepRapPro 0.65 firmware.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2014 04:27PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
June 03, 2014 04:26PM
If you're using the current RepRapPro firmware, 0.65e, you need to set T1 to enable the hot end. It could be that your slicing settings are putting T0 into the gcode, or you haven't updated the config.g, which should have T1 in it.
When you load files into Slic3r, it should show the bed and the size of the object. It may be that you are importing stl files that have been laid out in mm, into Slic3r that has been set up in inches, so it's scaling it up a lot.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
June 20, 2014 06:00PM
The T1 command does nothing. I am using the following firmware: RepRapFirmware-074-01-06-2014. Any more suggestions? Cheers for the help.
June 20, 2014 06:21PM
BB, that is an unreleased firmware version. I suggest you try with RRP's standard 0.65e firmware. When you have that working, you may wish to progress to my 0.65h build or RRP's 0.78 build in their 'test' branch..

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

June 30, 2014 02:14PM
Ah, silly me. Thanks, I've uploaded version 0.65e. The hotend now extrudes plastic, one step closer. I've noticed the fan is no longer operable with this firmware and the heated bed seems to be unresponsive. Do you know if there are any issues here?
June 30, 2014 04:54PM
BB, the fan is not controlled by the firmware if you are using the standard wiring, it's wired permanently on. If it isn't running when ATX power is applied, you probably have a dodgy connection in the 6-pin connector, or you have the hot end loom wires plugged into the wrong pins on the Duet board.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login