Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help calibrating my Ormerod 2. I can pay for remote assistance.

Posted by rodvaN 
Re: Help calibrating my Ormerod 2. I can pay for remote assistance.
March 07, 2015 02:13PM
Yella3D
RodvaN,

Have you tried a different USB port on you PC?

I had similar issues to you, turned out to be a faulty port/controller!

This is weird because other devices are not giving this false port problem, and yes I connected to other ports, I also tested on a Mac but I don't get any alerts of new devices.

Thanks Dario, I won't give up, will continue this thread until I find out how to use my Ormerod 2, Im sure other newbies will find this useful.
March 07, 2015 03:12PM
Have you definitely installed Arduino 1.5.x or 1.6.0 successfully? If you haven't, then the Bossa driver will be missing, which would explain the problem.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 10, 2015 11:30PM
Ive tried the 4 USB ports I have. They are working with other devices.
I reinstalled Arduino 1.6.0 and restarted the computer.
Then I connected the USB to the computer and its not recognizing anything from Ports on Arduino.

Board at COM5 is not available

I remember before Erasing and Reseting it was working correctly, in fact I was getting info on Arduino Serial Monitor.
Please anyone help me out with this.
March 11, 2015 08:22AM
rodvaN
Then I connected the USB to the computer and its not recognizing anything from Ports on Arduino.

I remember before Erasing and Reseting it was working correctly, in fact I was getting info on Arduino Serial Monitor.

It will not necessarily be port 5. Have you run "ListComPorts.exe" to see if it is listed there?

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 08:22AM by dmould.
March 13, 2015 04:14PM
dmould
rodvaN

It will not necessarily be port 5. Have you run "ListComPorts.exe" to see if it is listed there?

Dave

I cant find that.. ListComPorts.exe
Would you help me?
Is this one? [todbot.com]
March 14, 2015 02:50PM
rodvaN
I cant find that.. ListComPorts.exe
Would you help me?
Is this one? [todbot.com]

Hi rodvaN

Site don't seem safe - better use this one posted by dmould some time ago - and as always, virus scan before run:

[forums.reprap.org]

Erik
March 23, 2015 04:08PM
I will definitely try another PC,
I tried already a Mac, a Linux and Im not receiving input from the board.
I saw a red led turned off when the red and blue cable are disconnected from the band to move the base.
I don't think that will influence because I put everything in order and tried again, but nothing.
Even when I turn it on its not sending signal.
It was working properly before I reseted the Board, because I was also getting the temp and everything on serial monitor on Arduino.
This is something I didn't expected. What can be going wrong?
March 23, 2015 04:47PM
Where are you located? Perhaps a user local to you can help. Apologies if you have already told us, this thread is rather long now.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

March 23, 2015 06:50PM
Well actually I told Reprap Pro support, but they told me to ask to the community.
Its been long now and I haven't been able to use Ormerod 2. It was a waste of money?
Im at Mexico right now.
March 25, 2015 03:16AM
rodvaN
Well actually I told Reprap Pro support, but they told me to ask to the community.
Its been long now and I haven't been able to use Ormerod 2. It was a waste of money?
Im at Mexico right now.

by a PM.....
I offered to you remote support without charge.
Remote support is my main job.

No answer.... No problems

Opportunities ended
Best Regards
Dario

Ormerod 187
Firmware Electronics: Duet 0.6
Firmware Version:1.18.1 (2017-04-07)
Web Interface Version:1.15a
Slic3r 1.2.9a and Simplify3D 4.0.0
[www.dropbox.com]
March 25, 2015 11:21AM
Hello!
Yes I know, haven't answered because I got into a business trip.
I planned to answer you when I got back.
Im really grateful from your attempt to help me on this since it is driving me crazy!
May 23, 2015 09:45PM
I am back now, I moved and had to attend other things.
So who can help me via teamviewer?
I can also put a webcam so I move it where you tell me.
I really need to put this to work. Dont know what is going wrong and have many questions. I took 1 month to built it up, plus 3 months for waiting for parts that didnt come in my package from UK to MX.
So consider this investment havent worked yet, because Im ignorant on many topics of electronics and I thought I would receive good support for beginners as it said.
This kind of bugs are very difficult and annoying and well, someone with experience might know that is something pretty simple.
Help!
May 24, 2015 04:06AM
Why not send a PM to Dario? He has already offered to help you, see 3 posts back.

May 24, 2015 04:57AM
dc42
Why not send a PM to Dario? He has already offered to help you, see 3 posts back.

Thanks dc42 ...I'm always here....thanks to you I have never give up and now I'm experimenting the 4D print.
Wonderful experiences.

The adventure goes on.
Ormerod is magic!

Dario

Ormerod 187
[www.dropbox.com]
May 24, 2015 05:05AM
Excuse me, I was distracted all this time and came back and forgot that Dario offered team viewer help (When in that time I didn't had internet on the new house, so it was impossible) . I will contact Dario right now.
Thanks.
May 24, 2015 05:42AM
rodvaN
Excuse me, I was distracted all this time and came back and forgot that Dario offered team viewer help (When in that time I didn't had internet on the new house, so it was impossible) . I will contact Dario right now.
Thanks.

PM forwarded..... I'm waiting

Dario

Ormerod 187
[www.dropbox.com]
May 24, 2015 07:40AM
Hi rodvaN

First, you contacted RepRapPro support to see if we could do remote support through 'Team Viewer'. We just don't do support that way. Also, the way you say it, it sounds like I refused to support you, but that is not true! We have sent you some parts, but I also didn't know that you didn't receive everything you needed. You asked about updating the firmware, and I sent you a link to the instructions. You haven't contacted me since.

From your emails, you were initially able to connect to the Duet, but now it does not show up at all. Most likely, the USB socket on the Duet has become detached. Please post a good, close up, picture of the USB socket here, or send it to me by email, and if there is a manufacturing problem (ie not correctly soldered), we will replace the board under warranty.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
May 24, 2015 07:42AM
Also, try connecting to the Duet board with a different USB cable, if possible. It's a fairly standard USB cable that is often supplied with mobile telephones.

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login