Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hotend temp "drops"

Posted by auser 
hotend temp "drops"
May 03, 2015 02:22PM
dear forum
i finally updated my fw / web-if to 1.04f (by dc42 / zpl).
Guys you outdid yourself! The new web-if is great and it seems like upload speeds for g-codes have improved again (updated from 0.65)!
Many thanks to dc42 and zombiepantslol!

One question: Is the temp of the hotend now less smoothed because it now looks like there are significant drops in hotend-temp.
I'm guessing the drops are not really there (as I don't see any ill effects on my prints) but I thought might as well ask.
Anybody have a explanation?
Thanks again to our master developers (fw and web-if) and all forum participants!
auser

Re: hotend temp "drops"
May 04, 2015 07:36AM
Those temperature drops can't be real because they are happening too fast. My best guess is that you have a dodgy hot end thermistor connection. I had that problem in the early days, the bad connection was in the 6-pin hot end connector.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 04, 2015 10:02AM
> My best guess is that you have a dodgy hot end thermistor connection. I had that problem in the early days, the bad connection was in the 6-pin hot end connector.
Could well be the case. I'm still dreading to cut the whole hot-end loom to install your IR-Probe (currently my bed is "level enough" for the relatively small prints I do).
dc42: The "small" IR-Probe you are designing: could this again be mounted to the x-axis carriage of the ormerod? this way changing hot-ends would be easier. I also got a 0.35 mm hotend "ready to build"...
May 04, 2015 11:50AM
auser
dc42: The "small" IR-Probe you are designing: could this again be mounted to the x-axis carriage of the ormerod? this way changing hot-ends would be easier. I also got a 0.35 mm hotend "ready to build"...

I think it would be possible. You would need to use a right-angle 3-pin connector on the board instead of a straight one, or leave the connector off altogether and solder wires to the board directly. And modify the X carriage design to include a small flange to mount the board on.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

May 04, 2015 03:35PM
Sounds good soldered connections it'll be.
When can i get such a mini diffetential probe?Do you already have a cost estimate?
May 05, 2015 03:56AM
I completed the first mini board yesterday and I have another 3 already SMD soldered, pending testing of the prototype. Price will be around GBP29 + shipping + VAT.

May 05, 2015 04:48AM
dc42
I completed the first mini board yesterday and I have another 3 already SMD soldered, pending testing of the prototype. Price will be around GBP29 + shipping + VAT.

Good news Dave.

Looking forward to getting Mine then will just need to design a mounting Bracket for the Kossel Effector.

I have done one for the one I have printed and it is fine is directly in line with the Z Tower and arround 23 mm back (tho the pickup is prob a liitl of to the right looking from the front the sensor mount holes are dead centre)

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login