Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiring question

Posted by Orm2 
Wiring question
September 10, 2015 09:26AM
Hi everyone!

New here, but had a question about the wiring of the ormerod 2. Did anyone else get different cables than the ones on the pictures in the description for the hot end (fan?). If so, would anyone be willing to take pictures of how they should be connected?

Many thanks!
Re: Wiring question
September 10, 2015 01:55PM
Welcome to the forums, you've come the right place smiling smiley

As far as I know, I got the same cable as pictured when I built mine, just a 2x3 connector I think. Although I got my kit back in february, so maybe they've changed something....

It might be helpful if you could post a picture of the cable you got. It'll eliminate a lot of questions people are going to ask you.

It's always possible RRP sent you the wrong cable by mistake, when i got my kit some of the wires in the Z-probe loom were reversed, and I got the wrong sized tapered nut (which were easily fixed).
September 11, 2015 07:33AM
I just called them and apparently they did update their kit. New instructions should be available online later today! Thanks for your help though smiling smiley
September 11, 2015 12:53PM
I've just finished updating the wiring page of the Ormerod 2 instructions, with a new wiring diagram, instructions for connecting the new hot end and fan wiring looms, and updated instructions for the shielding, which has been needing an update for a very long time! See: [reprappro.com]

Ian
RepRapPro tech support
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login