Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Going SLOW, problems in manually writing Gcode

Posted by Ludo91 
Going SLOW, problems in manually writing Gcode
September 21, 2015 01:40PM
Hello!

I am working on a pcb milling mod for the Ormerod and I am writing some very basic gcode to test it.
Problem is, seems I can`t get it to move slowly!

Here is the ultra-basic code i wrote:

G21 // Set units to mm
G91 // Relative movements

G1 F60.0
G1 X50
G1 Y50
G1 X-50
G1 Y-50

It indeed draws a square BUT going way faster than 1mm/sec and - but i need to doublecheck it- not of the correct size.

I`m super puzzled!!!
Re: Going SLOW, problems in manually writing Gcode
September 21, 2015 04:42PM
The standard RepRapPro release of the firmware has minimum speeds because of the way it is implemented. You could change to my fork, which doesn't have minimum speeds because it uses a completely different and more precise movement algorithm.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
September 21, 2015 07:18PM
Cool, if I m not going wrong yours implements watchdog timers to avoid uncontrolled overheating right?

I ll do the switch, where can I find a changelog or something? Stuff like wiring changes, g code changes as extruder number and similar stuff....
September 22, 2015 04:56AM
Ludo91
Cool, if I m not going wrong yours implements watchdog timers to avoid uncontrolled overheating right?

I ll do the switch, where can I find a changelog or something? Stuff like wiring changes, g code changes as extruder number and similar stuff....

Wiring changes: if you have an Ormerod 1 then you need to reverse the X motor connector so that it is the same way round as the other motor connectors. No changes for Ormerod 2.

Gcode changes: if you have an Ormerod 1 then you need to tell it that the Y endstop is at the high end, using M574 Y2 S1 in config.g. No changes needed for Ormerod 2.

For both O1 and O2, you can either use the RRP homing files, or use mine which do simultaneous X and Y homing. If you use mine then you need to set your axis high and low limits using M208 in config.g. See [reprap.org] for more details.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

September 22, 2015 07:59AM
Wooooorks like a charm! Paypal for beer?!
September 22, 2015 09:37AM
I'm glad it's working for you! Beer money is entirely optional but will be gratefully received via davidcrocker42 at gmail dot something ending with m. Please do not use this email address for general correspondence as I mostly use it as a spam sinkhole.

September 22, 2015 11:47AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login