Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

nozzle osse wipe off in firmware

Posted by Joar107 
nozzle osse wipe off in firmware
November 04, 2015 04:27AM
Hi all and mostly dc42smiling smiley
I have a four nozzle set up and I have minor ossing problem that appear 1 min after nozzle change and then stops.
Would it be possible to write custom g code xx time after nozzle change?
If possible I could move the head to a wipe of point and get rid of the ossesmiling smiley
Slicer has an option for custom g code on layer change but layers can have a long duration.
/Joar
Re: nozzle osse wipe off in firmware
November 04, 2015 04:53AM
Yes, you can add your own gcodes to the tool change files. What commands do you have in the tool change files at present, what filament are you using, and what standby nozzle temperature?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 04, 2015 06:01AM
I am using a home made water cooled nozzel system and I am doing 5 mm retrac, so the ossing I have is only the filament left in the heater block.
I am only going to xy change tool wait for temp for the new tool and then starts printing again, I am using the same standby temp as printing temp.
What I want to do is 30 sec after toolchange and 60 sec after toolchange i want to ad custom gcode to wipe off the ossing. I the time between i want to print.
November 04, 2015 06:06AM
To prevent ooze you need to use a lower standby temperature than printing temperature. I use 150C standby temperature for PLA.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

November 04, 2015 07:12AM
Yes but I only have ossing for 1 min so my idea is to wipe it of after that is cold enough 5 mm up so the ossing stops.
If I can maintain printing temp i can have faster printing.
Would it be possible to have that in the firmware so you can write custom code based on time after tool change.
November 04, 2015 11:34AM
Why not just put a delay in your tool change G-code?
[reprap.org]

I'm not sure what the max value it can take, you will need a parameter of 60000 (G4 P60000) for a 1 minute delay. If it won't take that large a value, stick a few shorter delays one after the other.

You can also move the head to a wipe point in your tool change code.

Dave
November 04, 2015 04:28PM
dmould
Why not just put a delay in your tool change G-code?
[reprap.org]

I'm not sure what the max value it can take, you will need a parameter of 60000 (G4 P60000) for a 1 minute delay. If it won't take that large a value, stick a few shorter delays one after the other.

You can also move the head to a wipe point in your tool change code.

Dave
I want the printer to print during this time, maybe I should check more into slicer settings.
I run with four nozzles so there can be up to four tool changes on each layer so quick tool change is important.
/Joar
November 05, 2015 07:23PM
DC, when the tools change, is there a 'Wait till Temp xxx' put in by Slic3r? Or is it handled by the Firmware when it sees a new temp setting for it? I'm nearly at the stage of running the two nozzles now, but haven't solved my problem here yet. Hopefully over the weekend I might be able to solve it. But I haven't notice the printer waiting when it changes tools to heat up the new tool.

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
November 06, 2015 02:21AM
I haven't used slic3r for some time, but I don't think it puts a wait-for-temperature command in the gcode by default. You can put one in the tpost tool change files if you like. I use M116 P1 P0 in tpost0.g so that when changing to tool 0 it waits for the hot end to heat up but doesn't wait for the other one to cool down. Similarly I have M116 P2 P1 in tpost1.g.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 06:35AM by dc42.

November 06, 2015 05:33AM
AFAIK the P parameter of M116 specifies the tool number, so you'd in fact have to put M116 P0 in tpost0.g and M116 P1 in tpost1.g. At least this is what I've been using on my dual-nozzle Ormerod 2.
November 06, 2015 06:35AM
zombiepantslol
AFAIK the P parameter of M116 specifies the tool number, so you'd in fact have to put M116 P0 in tpost0.g and M116 P1 in tpost1.g. At least this is what I've been using on my dual-nozzle Ormerod 2.

Quite right, I had forgotten that the P parameter is the tool number, not the heater number.

November 09, 2015 08:12PM
Many thanks DC / Zombie, I've added the tpost.g files to my sys folder now, didn't know about them before. Hoping to get some free time on Wednesday to get the printer going again so having the files in place is a bonus. Many thanks.
Kim

Please send me a PM if you have suggestions, or problems with Big Blue 360.
I won't see comments in threads, as I move around to much.
Working Link to Big Blue 360 Complete
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login