Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web interface not updating, 1.09m-Dc42 and 1.07

Posted by NeilFrazerLX 
Web interface not updating, 1.09m-Dc42 and 1.07
January 14, 2016 10:23AM
Ignore this, It's sorted now...

So I've just updated to 1.09m-DC42 firmware and the 1.07 web interface. from 1.09k-DC42 (I think...)

Now the web interface only updates the readings if I disconnect and then re-connect. They then stop updating again unless I am in the settings page which keeps updating for some reason.

I'm sure I just have a version mismatch somewhere?

Any thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2016 02:16PM by NeilFrazerLX.
Re: Web interface not updating, 1.09m-Dc42 and 1.07
January 14, 2016 01:30PM
What browser are you using?
January 14, 2016 02:16PM
Ah Sorry, I posted a reply but must have forgot to actually press post Message.

It's sorted now. Just needed to reset and re-load the page.

I'm using Safari.
January 15, 2016 09:00AM
NeilFrazerLX

Sorry, what exactly was the issue?

I've just built a new printer and it works fine through Pronterface but the Web interface seems totally flaky and is mostly unresponsive, failing to update at all unless you disconnnect/reconnect much like you've described. I can move the nozzle around and look at the contents of the SD card but that's about it. Printing from SD worked once to do the calibration piece and then not again. Pushing pretty much any button apart from Connect/Disconnect doesn't seem to do anything.

I've tried both Chrome and Edge on Windows 10 and get similar behaviour.
January 15, 2016 12:30PM
There wasn't really an issue, just me being stupid. I imagine you have a version mismatch somewhere. What version of firmware and web interface are you using? Did you update the firmware as described in the build instructions?
January 15, 2016 12:52PM
ncmreynolds
NeilFrazerLX

Sorry, what exactly was the issue?

I've just built a new printer and it works fine through Pronterface but the Web interface seems totally flaky and is mostly unresponsive, failing to update at all unless you disconnnect/reconnect much like you've described. I can move the nozzle around and look at the contents of the SD card but that's about it. Printing from SD worked once to do the calibration piece and then not again. Pushing pretty much any button apart from Connect/Disconnect doesn't seem to do anything.

I've tried both Chrome and Edge on Windows 10 and get similar behaviour.

You don't say what version's of the FW or Web files you are using however

EDGE is a known issue and there have been reports that Chrome 44 works 47 is flakey you could try firefox as well.

Doug

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 12:54PM by dougal1957.
January 15, 2016 03:31PM
You even should try Firefox. Edge is not suitable for the Duet and with Chrome you could have a problem with a cookie. A fresh installation of Firefox would be great.

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
January 15, 2016 03:53PM
I have been passed a pull request that supposedly fixes Duet web server issues with IE and possibly Edge. It will be in my next release, subject to satisfactory testing. I'll also look at ignoring long cookies in the server.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2016 03:54PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
January 15, 2016 06:35PM
Just be aware that I won't officially support IE/Edge as long as these browsers require so many work-arounds. You don't need to ignore cookies in the webserver either, my next web interface release moves all settings to HTML5's localStorage anyway and I believe this feature isn't supported by IE either. I hope that will at least partially fix the connection problems a few users have been experiencing.
January 16, 2016 05:50AM
Thanks for the replies folks, from the Web interface it says...

Firmware Name: RepRapFirmware
Firmware Version: 1.09 (2015-04-21)
Web Interface Version: HTML: 1.06, JS: 1.06

...I couldn't see anywhere it shows any more detailed version info. However yesterday I tried it (in Chrome) and it just worked. The only thing that changed in the meantime is everything has been rebooted because I went to bed.

When I built the printer I was very careful to follow the instructions about putting the software on the device. As I was starting from scratch on a blank card using freshly downloaded firmware I really hope it shouldn't have any version mismatches.

Ps. Now I can see it working the Web interface is really pleasant to use thanks for your work on it Chris.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2016 05:59AM by ncmreynolds.
January 16, 2016 09:43AM
I have just published firmware 1.09q-alpha3-dc42. This includes chrishamm's output buffer fixes and support for the new rr_configfile web server request, and wrangellboy's fixes for IE/Edge. Edge isn't working completely - on the Gcode Console tab I find that responses to commands such as M114 and M119 often fail to appear.

The reason it is still an alpha is that I believe there is still an issue if the USB cable is initially connected but then removed. I fixed this many months ago in my fork, and I want to do a similar fix to the new output buffer code before I do a release. Also I need to do some testing on the thermocouple support.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login