Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heat on nozzle dropping (still a newb)

Posted by legion99999 
Heat on nozzle dropping (still a newb)
December 30, 2011 12:29AM
Just like it say...my nozzle is dropping tempature mid run....from 230 to 200...despite the setting....its a lulzbot prusa, abs. Any ideas?
Re: Heat on nozzle dropping (still a newb)
December 30, 2011 01:45AM
That's still hot enough for PLA, I only run mine at 180C. Does it keep on dropping or just that far and then stop?

December 30, 2011 04:39AM
The usual cause for this is the USER preheat to temperature A but temperature B is in the gcode file.
How about showing us the first 100 lines of gcode.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
December 30, 2011 10:36AM
Or that your hotend isn't sufficiently insulated, and running filament through it and moving around in the air drains the temperature out of it. If you have an LED for the heater on your electronics, does it stay on constantly, ie constantly heating?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2011 10:51AM by droftarts.
December 30, 2011 10:45AM
I will get the first lines of Gcode, i was curious about the insulation because it isnt insulated, and i see them wrapped.
December 30, 2011 10:58AM
To insulate the hot end, I wrapped the heater block in a couple of layers of kapton tape, then stove fiberglass insulation (approximately 1cm wide by 3 or 4mm thick, comes in strips or small rolls, takes up to 1100C) cut to fit and held in place by a bit more kapton tape. The insulation is like the stuff around the door of an oven. My temperatures stay a lot more stable, even though there are gaps here and there in the insulation, and the heater is on a lot less of the time. There are probably plenty of other choices for insulation.
December 30, 2011 11:37AM
Where do you get Stove insulation? like home depot?
December 30, 2011 03:05PM
Well the gcode was the problem...it was changing it to 200 after a few minutes....corrected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login