Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

servo fight

Posted by DARCOM 
servo fight
May 11, 2012 02:18PM
Hello, when i try to print a part and the extruder does a small curve in 3mm space. the servo sounds like it locks up for a split second. This is causing shifts in my print. Im sure there is a setting but im not sure of the terminology of where to look. If i change the deg of the object in the g-code i can change what servo does the lockup and witch angle the shift will occur. So i have ruled out hardware. I have also used sprinter and marlin for flashing my gen6 and i have used slicer and skeinforge for the g-code. i have yet to find the correct place to change a value to correct this. any help would be great. Thanks
Re: servo fight
May 11, 2012 04:57PM
This happens on this object only or all objects?

When was the last time you adjusted the potentiometers on you stepper drivers? Maybe something got bumped?

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
May 24, 2012 08:46PM
After doing much studying the error is in the g-code. the only way to fix this problem for me is set the perimeters mm/s to 18. but for prints that don't have small spaces i will use 30.
May 29, 2012 08:57PM
I figured out the fix for my shifting problem. in sprinter or marlin my default_acceleration was too high. i was able to lower it and it caused the steppers to stop skipping on tight vertices. now no more skips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login