Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

endstop problem(10 euro bonus)!!!

Posted by repraptr 
endstop problem(10 euro bonus)!!!
March 08, 2013 06:33AM
hi i'm using sanguinololu board with sprinter firmware in my reprap project.the endstop signals do not work properly.
i have measure the signals on endstop pins on microcontroller and they are changing states when i press the microswitches. with the help of M119 command i can monitor switch states but they don't change when switch position change.i changed the microcontroller endstop signal inputs to D29 ,D30 D31 from software and rewire them on board but that doesn't help me either(i have changed the microcontroller to a new one everytime during these tests).the only thing left is :since these are the only digital input signals coming to microcontroller there is problem in firmware about reading input pins.any idea?thanks in advance...

note:10 euro bonus to a working solution via paypal

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2013 07:42AM by repraptr.
Re: endstop problem(10 euro bonus)!!!
March 08, 2013 02:02PM
Just to verify, you have the board configured like this:

And your end-stops (C/NO) are going to pins 1 and 3 on the board. Polarity doesn't matter.

Personally I'd put everything back the way it was, get a fresh copy of the firmware and start over.

Check your configuration.h

Motherboard = 62

//// Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors
// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
//If your axes are only moving in one direction, make sure the endstops are connected properly.
//If your axes move in one direction ONLY when the endstops are triggered, set [XYZ]_ENDSTOP_INVERT to true here:
const bool X_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;
const bool Y_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;
const bool Z_ENDSTOP_INVERT = false;

is a good starting place.

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
March 08, 2013 04:40PM
thanks.but the sad thing is i've seen the M119 command code from source code and it is very simple.even the connection or the configuration is wrong,when the voltage on microcontroller pin change it has to change.but i'lll try your advice tomorrow.
March 11, 2013 04:52PM
I had a issue when I first built mine. I tested continuity to see if I had a short and all was good. Turned I wasn't getting a good connection to the pins in the ramps board. I ended up slightly bending a pin to make the connection.
March 19, 2013 03:29AM
thanks.i gave up the issue untill my "well produced double sided pcb" comes to my hands.that is next week.
April 19, 2013 02:58AM
After the well produced PCB ,the problem still contiuned.and i also tried simple programs like reading digital input and blinking led which mostly fail.i thought this was an improper combination of the hardware libraries set under the hardware folder so i tried different combinations which doesn't help me either. but when i changed the microcontroller from 644P to 1284P it magically WORKED!!!.
April 19, 2013 05:58PM
can you please explain the problem again? i find it difficult to understand your first post..
April 22, 2013 09:23AM
I am new to this stuff, but I had a problem with my X axis endstop not working on a Ramps Board - tried everything, but the fix was.... I have the Endstop on the wrong side of the Axis, and trying to fix this in the MARLIN firmware did not work. I think it is because the Endstop can not triggered when the Home is at the Maximum X location, as all the Gcode commands would need to be negative. Anyway I move the endstop to the other end, and configured all my axis directions in MARLIN and it solved the issue. Took awhile to figure it out. Hope this helps.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login