Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Posted by ralph80 
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
July 12, 2013 01:34AM
Hello fellow reprappers,

For several week now i've been trying to get my prusa mendel working. All the mechanical stuff is out of the way. When i connected my sanguinololu at first i didn't get a responce in arduino. i got the message: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00. After reading a lot and trying a lot changes i finally uploaded sprinter. When i wanted to change the steps after measering the steps and wanting to upload them to the board i got the same message.avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 I've tried almost everything and i can't get my head around it. I have read almost everything and can't find the solution. I'am really hoping you guys can help me with this

-------->Your only limitation is your own imagination<----------
Re: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
July 24, 2013 12:33AM
Man, I see these type of error messages pop up at least once a week. Wish someone would make a list of them with the solution on the wiki.
July 24, 2013 05:35AM
All these messages mean the same thing: avrdude could not communicate with the boot strap on the board. The possible reasons are too numerous to mention them all.

Since it has worked once maybe a bad serial connection or maybe the auto reset jumper is missing.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 24, 2013 09:16AM
I had same error with my ramps 1.4.
The problem was the drivers for the arduino.
After install drivers from arduino 1.0, the problem disappeared.
July 24, 2013 09:35AM
Look at the sanguino troubleshooting section on the wiki.

Possible solutions:
- install the correct ftdi driver so your sanguino shows up in the device manager as a COM port
- make sure you have the correct COM port selected in the arduino ide
- install auto-reset jumper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login