Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More Problems

Posted by TheFerminator 
More Problems
August 02, 2013 12:04PM
Hey guys I'm having problems.

First off my Y axis keeps drifting back and forth during prints. It didn't do this with my first couple prints, but now I can't get it to stop. I've flatted my motor shaft and tightened my belt as much as I can, but neither has seemed to fix the problem.

Second, I can't home my Z-axis unless it starts off touching the endstop. otherwise it just sits there and buzzes. This is really weird because it moves just fine when I'm not trying to home it, and it used to be able to home from anywhere.
Re: More Problems
August 02, 2013 12:53PM
Is your Y motor skipping steps? From what I understand it could also getting to much power, and jumping steps.

Either way, it has to get the right amount of power to work right, not to little, not to much.

Yvan

Singularity Machine
August 02, 2013 01:16PM
So do I need to adjust the potentiometer on my stepper driver?
August 02, 2013 04:21PM
I adjusted the power to the Z-axis and it is homing from any distance now. And I noticed that the set screw had come loose on my Y-axis belt puley. I tightened it, but didn't get the chance to test it yet. I will also try adjusting the power to that motor, because with the flat that I added to the motor the puley wasn't slipping enough to account for all the drifting I was seeing.
August 03, 2013 11:20PM
I had trouble with my y axis drifting after about 6 layers last night, mine was due to having the printer plugged into a usb 3.0 port on my pc.
August 08, 2013 11:01AM
Between adjusting power levels and tightening my set screw I have eliminated both problems. USB 3.0 is backwards compatible with 2.0 so that shouldn't have caused any problems for you unless there was a faulty connection involved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login