Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder is not heating up?

Posted by adenton 
Extruder is not heating up?
July 27, 2016 11:00PM
Hello, today I thought I was finally ready to test print, but alas I discovered that my extruder was not able to heat up. My printer is an I2 and I am using a RAMPS 1.4 with Sprinter firmware and I am receiving 12.11 V. I have seen someone else use the same Sprinter firmware in a YouTube video so I know it works. I have my motherboard set to 33 and I have tried the hotend in both D9 and D10, but neither worked. The bed also does not heat up but I am not worried about that because for now I only plan on using PLA. When I try to heat up the extruder, pronterface returns, "Setting Hotend temperature to 0.000000 degrees Celsius" this doesn't look good. Although the extruder is not heating up it is displaying a temperature of 20-21 in Pronterface. The extruder has heated up before all of the electronics and firmware were complete so I don't think it is a hardware issue. If there is anymore information that I can provide to help in answering this question please let me know. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2016 12:25AM by adenton.
Re: Extruder is not heating up?
July 28, 2016 12:30AM
The "Setting Hotend temperature to 0.000000 degrees Celsius" message suggests a software/firmware problem.
Re: Extruder is not heating up?
July 28, 2016 05:32AM
Sprinter hasn’t been updated in quite some time (3 years ago) ... it probably isn’t compatible with the current arduino ide

I would strongly recommend using Marlin or Repetier-Firmware or Teacup
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login