Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with corexy z axis confused smiley

Posted by Stulti 
Problems with corexy z axis confused smiley
March 12, 2017 09:43PM
Hello everyone and thank you in advance for reading my post. For the last two days I have been trying to get the Z axis to function properly and am reaching my wits end. I am using marlin software,ramps 1.4 board with arduino mega 2560, and a inductive sensor as a endstop/probe for the Z axis. The probe is ignored when under manual control despite triggering properly, I check with M119 command. It is however acknowledged when the printer is homing it self. In addition to this the bed is lowered instead of raised when homing,which is probably because marlin kind of forces the probe to be a min endstop. In conclusion, I need help in getting the probed acknowledged by the printer when triggered and to get that probe treated as a max endstop instead of a min endstop. Thank you again for reading my post and please help me if you can.(My Marlin configuration file is below.)

//===========================================================================
//============================= Mechanical Settings =========================

// @section machine

// Uncomment this option to enable CoreXY kinematics
#define COREXY

// Uncomment this option to enable CoreXZ kinematics
//#define COREXZ

// Enable this option for Toshiba steppers
//#define CONFIG_STEPPERS_TOSHIBA

//============================== Endstop Settings ===========================

// @section homing

// Specify here all the endstop connectors that are connected to any endstop or probe.
// Almost all printers will be using one per axis. Probes will use one or more of the
// extra connectors. Leave undefined any used for non-endstop and non-probe purposes.
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
//#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
// fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
//#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = false; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.

//============================= Z Probe Options =============================

// Enable Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP to use _both_ a Z Probe and a Z-min-endstop on the same machine.
// With this option the Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN will only be used for probing, never for homing.
//
// *** PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BELOW FOR SAFETY! ***
//
// To continue using the Z-min-endstop for homing, be sure to disable Z_SAFE_HOMING.
// Example: To park the head outside the bed area when homing with G28.
//
// To use a separate Z probe, your board must define a Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN.
//
// For a servo-based Z probe, you must set up servo support below, including
// NUM_SERVOS, Z_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR and SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES.
//
// - RAMPS 1.3/1.4 boards may be able to use the 5V, GND, and Aux4->D32 pin.
// - Use 5V for powered (usu. inductive) sensors.
// - Otherwise connect:
// - normally-closed switches to GND and D32.
// - normally-open switches to 5V and D32.
//
// Normally-closed switches are advised and are the default.
//
// The Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN sets the Arduino pin to use. (See your board's pins file.)
// Since the RAMPS Aux4->D32 pin maps directly to the Arduino D32 pin, D32 is the
// default pin for all RAMPS-based boards. Some other boards map differently.
// To set or change the pin for your board, edit the appropriate pins_XXXXX.h file.
//
// WARNING:
// Setting the wrong pin may have unexpected and potentially disastrous consequences.
// Use with caution and do your homework.
//
//#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP

// Enable Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN to use the Z_MIN_PIN for your Z_MIN_PROBE.
// The Z_MIN_PIN will then be used for both Z-homing and probing.
// Private Comment:Top command allows probe to act as min endstop while bottom command only acts as
//min endstop during homing. I need to get the probe to act as a max endstop however. I also need
//to avoid using the top command since it is supposed to use both a endstop and probe at the same time.
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN

// To use a probe you must enable one of the two options above!

// This option disables the use of the Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN
// To enable the Z probe pin but disable its use, uncomment the line below. This only affects a
// Z probe switch if you have a separate Z min endstop also and have activated Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP above.
// If you're using the Z MIN endstop connector for your Z probe, this has no effect.
//#define DISABLE_Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
// :{0:'Low',1:'High'}
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders

// Disables axis stepper immediately when it's not being used.
// WARNING: When motors turn off there is a chance of losing position accuracy!
#define DISABLE_X false
#define DISABLE_Y false
#define DISABLE_Z false
// Warn on display about possibly reduced accuracy
//#define DISABLE_REDUCED_ACCURACY_WARNING

// @section extruder

#define DISABLE_E false // For all extruders
#define DISABLE_INACTIVE_EXTRUDER true //disable only inactive extruders and keep active extruder enabled

// @section machine

// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false

// @section extruder

// For direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false.
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false
#define INVERT_E3_DIR false

// @section homing
//This may help my probe problem.
//#define MIN_Z_HEIGHT_FOR_HOMING 190 // (in mm) Minimal z height before homing (G28) for Z clearance above the bed, clamps, ...
// Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case.

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
// :[-1,1]
// Private Comment: Attempted to change min probe to max probe using the thing below. This
// caused the printer to stop half way through homing process and yeilded no benefits.
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

#define min_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// @section machine

// Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)
#define X_MIN_POS 0
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
#define Z_MIN_POS 0
#define X_MAX_POS 200
#define Y_MAX_POS 200
#define Z_MAX_POS 200
Re: Problems with corexy z axis confused smiley
March 12, 2017 10:09PM
I think you may be a little confused

Just because the bed its up the top does not make it max, it is very much still min endstops.

All movement is relative to the hotend.

The bed should move up when Z is decreased (distance between hotend and bed decreases) and the bed should move down when Z in increased. (distance from hotend and bed increases) This is opposite to what is intuitive.
The position where the hotend touches the bed is still z0, ie min endstop territory

If your endstop is at the bottom of the frame, then it is a zmax endstop

I suspect changing #define INVERT_Z_DIR false to #define INVERT_Z_DIR true will fix all you issues

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2017 10:26PM by Dust.
Re: Problems with corexy z axis confused smiley
March 13, 2017 04:10PM
You have no idea how much of a help you have been. I kinda assumed that zero was the bottom of how far the bed could reach (I am new to 3d printing) and changing the invert z direction to true did fix my problem.smiling bouncing smiley Thank you again and have a great day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login