Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP! Hesine Prusa i3

Posted by muntahunta 
Re: HELP! Hesine Prusa i3
November 10, 2015 04:10PM
For those who face connection problems under Windows 7 and up, here is the solution:

DO NOT USE THE LASTEST DRIVERS FROM FTDI. Uninstall them with their uninstall untilty, then install the "unsupported" version 2.10.00. This will solve the problem!

If you connect a terminal probramm to the printer with the original drivers, you see an error message that this is not a genuie device bla bla... I don't know for sure if the FTDI chips on the Hesine provided melzi are fake or if it's a bug in the latest drivers. The fact that the device ID is not reprogrammed to '0000' as stated in other places over the net tells me that either FTDI refrained from the (IMHO BAD) practice of doing so, or then their latest drivers have a bug and falsely identify the chip as being a fake. Anyways, with the drivers version given, I could make it work on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

The original problem stated (z.axis stuff) happened to me too. You can use the instruction given in the link below to set the driver current propperly. You may have to increase the current slightly for the Z-Axis. They were originally written for a RepRapPro mendel, but since it's also using the melzi board and since the printers are somewhat similar this totally applies here too.

[reprap.org]

HTH

Markus
November 24, 2015 09:18AM
I have just also bought a Hesine printer and absolutely am hating it. I am having no luck with customer service or us.rayh who I bought it from on ebay. The instructions are very bad and when I plug it into my computer, it doesn't recognize it, the programs and drivers they say to download wont. I was wondering if anybody can help me. Do you need to have the micro sd card installed and use the usb cord at same time? Im about to uninstall all the stuff ive downloaded and such and start all over. I even downloaded the UP system to see if that would help. The lcd screen wont come on but the green light is on in the power box. Thank you in advance.
November 24, 2015 02:02PM
hey man, i'd advise anyone and everyone to stay away from Hesine.
I had so much trouble.
In the end I bought a new motherboard and installed software on that, the MB that comes with hesine (or atleast their version) quite simply sucks, some new Z rods, downloaded and printed some anti Z wobble, same with belt tensioners, i've had to resoulder almost every component and the end stop mounts are terrible.

I hope you can get it to work, but it took me almost an extra £200 and a LOT of time and effort.

on the plus side, I'm fairly knowledgeable now xD
November 25, 2015 08:29PM
Does anyone know of a program to use for the hesine printer that works? I tried the repetier and only the sever one will get it to move but not automatically,and the UP one wont pick up the printer.
November 25, 2015 10:54PM
i had 1 melzi and NEVER got any of my 6 laptops to see it

6 laptops
3 usb cords

win xp, win 7

nothing ever saw it

i flash ramps and mksbase firmware effortlessly

threw the melzi into the trash and installed ramps 1.4 in its place

printing wonderfully
November 27, 2015 01:26PM
If you face the problem of a bricked fake FTDI device, uninstall the driver, download and install v2.10.0 or earlier and unbrick it following the steps in this link:
https://ljck.org/unbrick_ftdi

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
November 28, 2015 12:17AM
Just wanted to thank you all for the info...this has been a recent obsession of mine and I was having the same problem. Mac OS X, Windows XP...couldn't get either to work. Based on your advice, I started looking at the Raspberry Pi I had sitting around. I was able to get it to work today and after some research on slicer (which I still use on my Mac) on temps and filament size, I'm in business. I'm using Pronterface and its connected directly to the Pi...I email the print files to the RPI after I use Slicer on my Mac to adjust and save in gcode from the sol files that I've downloaded online. Soon, I hope to start building my own designs but until then...

I was going to replace the motherboard (probably still will eventually) but am enjoying it right now as it is and will need to learn a bit before I start upgrading my equipment.

Bert,
December 07, 2015 03:51AM
muntahunta
Hi, i recently ordered a cheap 3d printer from an online store, it is a Hesine 3d Prusa I3

I have followed the instructions and while i am new to 3d printing, I am fairly good at building things, however I am having a major issue.

The threaded rods that run up the vertical axis arent turning properly.
when moving up and down the vertical axis, the motor seems to get stuck sometimes and I need to help move it. (usually on the left hand side, the one holding the x axis motor)
This obviously also means that both of the vertical pieces do no stay the same height.

I have tried everything I can think of and I am stumped. Maybe I am missing something really simple but any help would be appreciated.

Hi,
i have the same problem with left motor, can you tell me, how you fix it ?

Thx
December 08, 2015 08:06AM
Hi there!
How you hooked the stepper motors of the Z axis to the board? Are they in parallel or in series? Are they on a same connector or they are connected to a separate headers (a.k.a. 2 connectors)?
Best regards!
Bobby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2015 08:10AM by BoByS.
December 08, 2015 09:07AM
put oil on the z rod. worked a charm.
December 09, 2015 01:40AM
for the Z motors
they are going to the same connector.
if you have the v 2.0 and you have the screw type connectors, then just insert the cables of the two steppers all together.
you could twist them to fit in the connector.

Mine is the "NEW" Melzi V3b that has separate MALE connectors and all motors came wit their female connectors, so it was just plug and play.
January 24, 2016 07:45PM
I just came across this thread while doing some research. This Hesine Printer is being sold on eBay under the Omni Printer brand name. I know since I have one in front of me that I just put together. (I thought it was a bargain at $255 until I just read where this printer is being sold for $70 somewhere.) However, I still have to get the proper USB cord to connect it to my computer. It came with a standard USB 2.0 cord, but has a Melzi board which uses a Mini USB connection.
(Sorry. I just posted this Then I realized that I needed to edit it since I had only paid $235 for it.)

So far, my 1st impressions are that it was a waste of money. I had been expecting something different. But time will tell. (I won't bore you with all of the issues with this DIY kit.)
However, I will pass on that the (15 amp) power supply that came in this kit was set for 220 voltage. (I live in Iowa, USA.) You have to break the seal on the power supply case to change the voltage.

I'm sitting here with Arduino and Ramps boards ready to throw on it if this Melzi board does not work out. (I also have a 30 amp power supply ready to replace the 15 amp version if needed.)
There are several upgrades to the hardware design on thingiverse.com.

Just thought that I would pass the information along here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2016 07:54PM by Traveler_Lloyd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login