Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folgertech Prusa I3 Callibration

Posted by theredscottsman 
Folgertech Prusa I3 Callibration
January 27, 2016 09:16PM
I would like to preface this post with: I have looked through these forums and used Google with no success.

I bought a 3d printer kit and finished it a few days ago. The trouble I'm having is with the calibration. When I use the Repetier software to manually control the x, y and z axis the stepper motors will move in one direction but not the other. The only thing that I have tried thus far is checking all of the wiring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Folgertech Prusa I3 Callibration
January 27, 2016 09:18PM
Interesting that you just posted this. I just finished building the printer tonight and trying to move it with the manual control gets me no movement from any of the motors.
January 27, 2016 09:49PM
DId you follow their guide or did you go off someone else's information as well?
January 27, 2016 10:42PM
I used Folger Techs instructions for building and calibration.
January 27, 2016 11:47PM
Are you homing all the axis first?
A printer needs to know it's home position before it can move it both directions
January 28, 2016 07:27AM
SteveRoy
Are you homing all the axis first?
A printer needs to know it's home position before it can move it both directions
This was during the homing process where I was getting no movement from any axis. Poking around in the config and repetier hasn't yeilded me any luck. Running the M119 shows all switches open.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2016 07:52AM by ihaveworms.
January 30, 2016 03:56PM
I apologize, the instructions are not very clear and I did not realize that was what the end stop switches are for. Everything works just fine now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login