Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need assistance with my I3

Posted by Grambo97 
Need assistance with my I3
April 24, 2016 03:06PM
Hi,

I've had problems with my printing since I've built the printer. As you can see in the picture, the plastic builds up in the left corner making the part lose its initial form, and its been doing this every print. I've tried adjusting the bed. I've also tried adjusting the heat of the extruder and the Z axis. What do you think it is? I've also included some pictures of the settings as well.

Thanks,
Graham
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpg (321.5 KB)
open | download - Pic 1.PNG (55.2 KB)
open | download - Pic 2.PNG (46.1 KB)
open | download - Pic 3.PNG (20.3 KB)
open | download - Pic 4.PNG (25.3 KB)
open | download - Pic 5.PNG (58.6 KB)
Re: Need assistance with my I3
April 24, 2016 04:31PM
Try few millimeters of retraction. (Pic 5 says 0 retraction)
April 24, 2016 06:06PM
Okay I will try that. Also if you look at the finished part, it seems to have trouble with the rounding of the object.
Attachments:
open | download - image.jpeg (454.7 KB)
April 26, 2016 01:05AM
If you are using PLA then temps should be about 180/ 70. If ABS then should be about 240/ 110. Definately add some retract. Mine is 2mm @ 40mm/sec.
April 26, 2016 08:04AM
I agree with elwood that the temperatures are an issue. I am guessing this is PLA so lower the temperature.
This is also a small object so it doesn't have time to cool before the next extrusion. Try printing several of these at the same time, some distance apart on the bed. This gives more time for each part to cool before the next layer. Alternatively you can use a cooling fan.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login