Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

p3 steel, HTA3d Plastic Parts and E3d V6..

Posted by David_Wallis 
p3 steel, HTA3d Plastic Parts and E3d V6..
May 25, 2016 07:14AM
How the hell is the v6 hot end supposed to mount in the plastic parts as it just flops about all over the place and there is no way I can do anything with this.. getting seriously annoyed with this now..

Cheers

David
Re: p3 steel, HTA3d Plastic Parts and E3d V6..
May 25, 2016 07:59AM
Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Can you attach a picture of what you are trying to do maybe someone can assist. ?

Dont Even start me on HTA3D a shower of S***s in my book, they dont even answer emails or the telephone to me now !!! oh well the chargeback will be in place soon then suddenly they might want to "talk"
May 26, 2016 04:03AM
I'll get a photo and upload it, I cant say I'm that impressed with the parts, one of the bearings fell out of the Z axis holders.. cant see that being reliable once I even start printing..

As for the tensioner design on the x axis well that's just plain odd..

I'm half tempted to bin these and buy different bits, but not sure which!
May 27, 2016 06:37PM
Hi David

Did you get a picture yet ?

As for parts I was thinking of printing most of the stuff done by a guy on Thingiverse Toolson Edition out of ABS

As I have a P3Steel, but I fancy going to a lead screw on the Z axis, Think I might go with This Conversion.

Good luck with getting the hot end installed

Regards
June 02, 2016 11:12AM
Sorry its taken a while, its been a while since I've had chance to get into the garage..

So the bearing on the hobbed bolt on the right has no support, I have at the moment bodged it with a piece of perspex I had lying around to stop it coming outwards.

And the extruder just isnt secure in the plastic carrier..
Attachments:
open | download - 20160530_155219 (1).jpg (159.1 KB)
open | download - 20160530_155224 (1).jpg (141.6 KB)
June 02, 2016 02:22PM
Hi

Looks like there is a few washers missing.

I did a bit of a search for you and It looks like if you watch the following video and i included another link that again looks like your setup.

video from youtube

pictorial guide

hope that helps you.

As for HTA3D I would avoid them like the plague almost every plastic part I have from them which is printed in mixed materials !!! not all ABS as advertised, has either broken along a "z wave" or has just not fitted and this is just while building my printer so it does not bode well.

I have fixed the parts I have using ABS slurry, I just hope they can stay together long enough for me to print replacement parts.

Regards
June 07, 2016 02:17PM
Those really help, will try and get into the garage and work out what is going on.. as for mounting the extruder I think an aluminium bracket like the type used for the J type might work?

Apologies for the delay, its hectic at work and then trying to find time at home in between other jobs is near impossible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login