Folger Tech 2020 Calibration HELP
June 04, 2016 05:29PM
The instructions fail to say that it doesn't work perfect after that last step, or at least that's how its going in my case. I am a newbie to the whole electronics and coding thing so please take it easy on me. Here are my problems:

My z axis motors don't want to work in sync with each other. The one closest to the ramps board seems to work better than the of the one of the filament spool side.

My y axis doesn't want to do anything that it is being told. It just jiggles back and forth when trying to move it in repetier and even with the lcd. I have messed with the current flow going to the motor and it doesn't seem to do anything no matter which way I turn it. The repetier also doesn't seem to know where the endstops are because there motor will move one direction but when I try and to move the other direction it says that it engaged the endstop. Giving me this error:

echo:endstops hit: X: xx

where the xx is the number that the host thinks that it is hitting the endstop at. I am getting this for all 3 axis so I'm guessing its something in the config.h that I will be able to change I just don't know what it is.

I feel like there is some faulty equipment in there, I just have no idea what it would be and what problem that it would be causing. I have already had a fan that doesn't work so I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the only thing.

Anything helps. I just wanna see it print something!

Thank you so much!
Schmuck
Re: Folger Tech 2020 Calibration HELP
June 04, 2016 07:24PM
Use a multi-meter to check the motor wiring pairs, don't trust the colour coded wires
[reprap.org]

Use a multi-meter on the 2v DC setting to measure the driver voltages, do this with the 12V disconnected from the RAMPs and just the Arduino powered via USB. Somewhere around .7v is good
minus lead to ground, positive lead to the pot on the driver - be very careful not to short anything

Use M119 in repetier to see end stop status. In Marlin they are defined as either min or max.
X on the left side is MIN, if it's on the right side it's a MAX. Y at the back is a MIN, at the front it's a MAX, Z is a min since it's at the bottom.
There is a MIN and MAX for all 3 axis on the RAMPS.
The switches are defined as either NO or NC and defind in Marlin. I set mine for Normally Open, so when the switch is hit it closes the contacts, not sure how Folger wires them
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login