Added Lokbuild surface to my Prusa i3 MK3, need help please.
September 08, 2018 01:21PM
Hi RepRappers,

First of all, I'm a newbie at 3D printing so I'm still finding my way trough the wonderful and complex world of 3D printing. Because I had many adhesion problems with my MK3, both with PLA and PETG, I added a Lokbuild surface to my flexible sheet (of which I managed to destroy a side with detaching a PETG print, Uggh!) after reading about it, it should really help with adhesion.

I now need to compensate for the height of the Lokbuild sheet, so I would be able to extrude filament. How would I go about this in a semi permanent way? I know I can compensate with each print in Slic3r, but I would be more comfortable and less prone to forgetting if I could put the offset straight into the Prusa i3. The menu provides a Z-Correct function starting from 1.030, is this an option? Any advice appreciated from this newbie.
Attachments:
open | download - lokbuild.jpg (161.3 KB)
Re: Added Lokbuild surface to my Prusa i3 MK3, need help please.
September 09, 2018 02:30AM
I always put a line like G92 Z### in my Slic3r startcode. That way it is 'permanent' but still adjustable.
Once you've found the true offset, you can edit Marlins Z-probe offset accordingly.
September 09, 2018 04:21AM
Prusa firmware has live Z adjust

This is saved till you change it

[help.prusa3d.com]
September 09, 2018 05:51AM
So if my live adjust was -0.780 I just have to add the size of the Lokbuild surface, and I’ll be good? I’ll look into that. I did notice when I reset the printer, when a print fails for instance, the settings are wiped. I will have to remember to put in the numbers again.
September 11, 2018 12:50PM
77slevin,

How do you like the Lokbuild print surface? Have your tried Buildtak or PEI prior?
September 11, 2018 01:54PM
To be honest I completely ruined my surface while trying to calibrate for the height difference. (burned holes with the hot end right through it) I got so frustrated I ripped it off and binned it. That says more about my calibrating skills than the Lokbuild surface. I honestly couldn't say if it is worth it or not, because I never got a chance to really use it. Wasted 30 Euro, nobody's fault but my own eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login