Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SKR 2.0 w Marlin 2.0.9.2.x USB port not visible in Win 10

Posted by SA6BUQ 
SKR 2.0 w Marlin 2.0.9.2.x USB port not visible in Win 10
December 12, 2021 07:25AM
Hej,

I am rebuilding a CuboPro Trio using a SKR 2.0 (32F429VGT6) version and a 3.5 TFT all from BigTree Tech, This is my 4th BTT board. Two SKR1.4 ended up not working. The last SKR1.4 got damaged by lightning. So after setting up configuration.h and compiling in VSCode I manage to flash the firmware to the SKR2.0 via a SD card. firmware.bin gets renamed to FIRMWARE.CUR which indicates that it works. I am using Marlin-bugfix-2.0.9.2.x.

So here is the question:

I cannot see a USB port in Win 10 device manager. The board appears instead as: "STM32F429VGT6 CDC in FS Mode" under Universal Serial Devices. What must I do to have it showing up as a USB port so that I can connect to the SKR2.0 via Pronterface?

I use:

#define SERIAL_PORT 1
#define BAUDRATE 115200

#define SERIAL_PORT_2 -1

Another error: The TFT has matching baudrate and shows "No printer attached" Not sure if these issues are related.

First try was with BIGTREE_SKR_2_F429 and I also tried BIGTREE_SKR_2_USB but the same behaviour in device manager in Win 10.

I am no pro at this, but managed to get the previous SKR1.4 working, so I can follow instructions. I am close to giving up with BTT and thinking of a Duet3 instead but after all the effort I have invested I though I will ask here and give it one more chance. All help will be appreciated.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (108.7 KB)
open | download - Configuration_adv.h (167.4 KB)
open | download - STM32F429VGT6 in FS mode.PNG (33.9 KB)
open | download - Marlin auto build.PNG (70.1 KB)
Re: SKR 2.0 w Marlin 2.0.9.2.x USB port not visible in Win 10
December 12, 2021 08:05AM
USB communications device class (or USB CDC class) is a composite Universal Serial Bus device class.

Ie this is the usb serial port. It is also how the sdcard/usb stick turns up in the computer as a drive.
January 31, 2022 01:38PM
did you got it running? having the same problem. I dont know how to change it in order to connect directly to the board. my TFT 35 get connected and i can controll the system via display but can not get a connection via win10
April 15, 2024 12:16PM
Its the windows driver which are faulty.

Connected me "old" thinkpad instead of my Surface pro 8 and it get an easy connection.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login