Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Struggling possibly drowning..

Posted by aamcle 
Struggling possibly drowning..
September 27, 2022 03:37PM
I have been setting up Marlin 2 on a BTT Mini E3V2 and not getting far.

I have everything moving in the right direction and homing into the correct corner, the heaters and fans all work the PiD tunes are done.

But movement distances are wrong and I can't get the bed and offsets right.

This evening I re-compiled after setting the steps per unit and updated the board finishing with M500.

I checked the steps with M92 and they were not what I set rather random actually.

Is there something I need to enable to re-flash the board, I don't remember anything.

As far as I know all I need to do is copy firmware.bin onto the SD put it in the boards slot as switch on.

Possibly I should stop buying cheeeeep! from China.

Oh well I'll start again tomorrow.

Aamcle
Re: Struggling possibly drowning..
September 27, 2022 05:15PM
Sadly I have just found a long thread on Git where person after person was having the same problem sad smiley
September 27, 2022 09:28PM
Yes, everything you must do is copy the firmware.bin file to the SD card and put it in the board slot.

Check the file name in your SD card.
When the firmware is flashed, the file name is changed from "firmware.bin" to "FIRMWARE.CUR".
If the file name is still "firmware.bin", the firmware has not been flashed.
September 28, 2022 01:15AM
I don't know what changed, I was able to update the Pid constants easily.
September 29, 2022 01:45PM
aamcle
Sadly I have just found a long thread on Git where person after person was having the same problem sad smiley

Why don't you post that link? I have some problems to understand your problem. And always attach your config files winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2022 01:50PM by hcet14.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login