Gear Math and Theory
- Main page: gear design.
We need cad drawings, background theory, but we also need a "Print this file (with photograph)" and make things with your five year old.
Because we have five year old user builders.
gear design for theory and names of parts.
Design and Library
- GPL and linux friendly tools for design
- Blender gear script
- Precision and Tolerance
- Sherline examples
- Taig Mill examples
- Bridgeport examples
Hybrid fabrication; RepRapping and then precise tidying of each layer with a milling/routing head is the most promising.
- Direct: We can make the plastic gear directly
- Mold: We can make the molds for filled epoxy gears. See HandmadeGears.
- Timothy Edward's build of a Meccano Gear Making Machine, technically a gear hobber:
- Forrest Higgs proposed this once.
- We can make molds for Filled epoxy