Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3rd UV Print - Amazing Resolution - 35 MM Mechwarrior Model

Posted by cflanagan 
3rd UV Print - Amazing Resolution - 35 MM Mechwarrior Model
February 19, 2014 01:28PM
Ok, so here's my 3rd Test Print using the new UV laser printer attachment I made for my duplicator 4. Still tweaking the settings and you can see some of the layers but it's more of a mechanical/settings issue at this point.

Here's a MadCat Mech printed to fit on a quarter. Getting much better detail now, If I can figure out the right settings this thing will be dang near perfect.

This model is 35MM tall.

My photography sucks but I broke out my canon digital camera to get a close up. Check it out (Attached)
Attachments:
open | download - Mech35MM.jpg (48.5 KB)
Re: 3rd UV Print - Amazing Resolution - 35 MM Mechwarrior Model
February 19, 2014 02:09PM
Awesome!

Are you going to post a tutorial/STLs once you have it all tuned up?

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
February 19, 2014 05:29PM
What you have done looks very promising give us some more pictures and info I know you said you broke your camera but try to get us as much information as possible maybe even a video

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2014 05:32PM by cnc dick.
February 19, 2014 09:06PM
Yea, I cant seem to figure out the mechanics of it if you are using a laser-on-top approach. How would the part stick to any build surface? The laser would only be hitting the top layer of resin.

I honestly dont know enough about SLS machines to fully understand it.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
February 19, 2014 09:54PM
The object he is printing is sitting on the perforated plate which is fixed in place. The tank of resin is sitting on the z axis which moves down not up to make the next layer. When it moves down the resin floods over the part and the laser then cures it. The z moves down it floods over the part again and the process repeats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login