Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

x axis homing position and printed material not adhreing to the bed

Posted by ravi.lingannavar 
x axis homing position and printed material not adhreing to the bed
March 01, 2016 11:42PM
HI,
I am new user to this 3d printing.I have build a XI3 model from scratch. after building i am not able to print my first test file i, e simple cube.
I am using Repetier firm ware and host. The printer homing movements in Y and Z direction are doing fine, but X axis homing is not working correctly.
After giving a test file for printing ,it starts with first layer but shifts to another coordinate for the second layer, at the same time material flow is not uniformly coming out from the extruder and not adhering to the bed.

I have tried several times but still not able to get my first print.
[Temperature setting is done according to the material]

Any inputs to resolve this issue would be a great help for us and we would be thankful.

Ravi and Sai ,
IIT Guwahati
Re: x axis homing position and printed material not adhreing to the bed
March 02, 2016 01:44AM
Sounds like you need to set the pots on the driver modules, this controls the current limit to the steppers. NB use a none conductive screw driver on this or you risk blowing up the driver.

See [reprap.org] for more info
March 02, 2016 06:25AM
Thanks for the quick reply sir, we will check and try to figure out sir.
March 04, 2016 01:56AM
Dear sir,
As per your instructions we tried to adjust the pots but we are facing the same problem of x axis homing(not working).Is there any other way to correct it or what may be the problem.
Kindly help us to resolve this problem.
Thanking You
Ravi and Sai
IIT Guwahati
March 04, 2016 04:00AM
What problem do you have with the x axis homing? Is it not moving or is it stopping before the endstop or moving the other direction or something else?
March 04, 2016 04:17AM
Dear sir,
For X axis- when we give manual feed both directions(+ve and -ve) it moves, but when we press home button or give G28 it stops in between before reaching to the end stops.
Even while printing X axis -it starts with first layer but shifts to another coordinate for the second layer.
We tried with dry run as well as with PLA material. We are facing theses problems and not able to resolve it.

Thanking you
Ravi and Sai
IIT Guwahati
March 04, 2016 07:09AM
So how did you define the x axis endstop in your configuration.h? you can use m119 to get the endstops status [reprap.org]
March 04, 2016 09:23AM
Check your homing speed in marlin, ait's couple lines above steps per mm

It also occurs to me that your steps per mm may not yet be configured
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login