Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New forums.

Posted by SebastienBailard 
New forums.
January 15, 2010 12:26AM
Hey folk.

I've created a new STEP-NC forum, as Stephen George requested.

Please let me know if you guys want any other forums, such as a dedicated skienforge forum, etc.
Re: New forums.
January 15, 2010 06:56AM
firmware section would be nice smiling smiley
January 16, 2010 08:06AM
Yes separation of Firmware from Software would be very nice smiling bouncing smiley

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
January 17, 2010 12:18AM
I'd love for the new software secion to move above the object library, so I don't have to scroll down to find it
January 17, 2010 04:22PM
I second BodgeIt's vote for the separation of firmware from software. I'd go even further and suggest separation of reprap host from EMC2 from Skeinforge from firmware.

I have zero interest in the reprap host software - I dislike java, and since the skeinforge toolchain doesn't use it, I'm going to use that... Using a make file instead of the "arduino enviroment" to compile the firmware is a small price to pay for avoiding java completely.

--
I'm building it with Baling Wire
January 17, 2010 04:25PM
I'd also like to see a separation of the Host (software) from the device (firmware) into separate forums.

It might also be helpful to dedicate a forum just for the skeinforge so everything does not wind up in a single hard to search thread.

It might also help to divide the host side into sub forums by operating system.
January 17, 2010 07:15PM
Actually, with so many sub forums around now, its getting a lot harder to keep track.
If the forum were collapseable and expaded when needed, that would be very helpful.
I'm one of those people that browse the web, read and write to specific forums when they are at work, on their mobile phone.
January 18, 2010 05:49AM
first post in firmware section- hopefully it's an interesting start!

SebastienBailard, I have no idea how arduous being a library gnome is, but I highly respect your taking it on- a thousand thanks! smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login