Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sanguinololu prints of pcb come out wrong Can't etch eagle help

Posted by terramir 
Sanguinololu prints of pcb come out wrong Can't etch eagle help
March 19, 2012 12:39PM
Hi if you look below you can see that this is incomplete, i.e I cannot etch this this way,
does anyone know of a way to convert the .brd files to something PCB inside the gEDA suite of pcb utilities can open?
because as of right now I cannot etch this. I would edit it a bit anyway to ensure that I can actually etch it i.e. make some of the traces a bit bigger where possible . But I can only do this if I can find a way to open the files in gEDA.
could use some help here
terramir
Re: Sanguinololu prints of pcb come out wrong Can't etch eagle help
March 19, 2012 01:33PM
You need to use Eagle. It has a free version for small boards.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
March 19, 2012 01:46PM
I have this and I tried this but it does not show the copper properly basically the free version can't do squat. Because this program is designed to make you dependent on pcb manufacturers.
you cannot print out both sides of the pcb in a way so you could etch it.
terramir
March 19, 2012 05:52PM
I think you are mistaken. A lot of the Reprap stuff was done with the free version of Eagle and it is widely used by hobbyists.

March 19, 2012 06:20PM
yeah but have you tried exporting to image so you can etch it there are certain things you just cannot do, unless I'm mistaken because I just can't see how too. like in the sanguinololu certain ground planes I can't seem to etch whatsoever so kinda confuded. well I mean I can't get an image that is just the copper on one side or the other
terramir
March 19, 2012 08:07PM
I have never used it myself, perhaps somebody that has can help you.

I had a quick play and made an image of a single layer by using View - Display/hide layers and selecting just top and then using File - Export... and got a PNG.

May 07, 2012 08:12AM
The main problem with Eagle and making a PCB from the printer output is scaling you need to rescale every board to print as a PDF to do laser transfer.

so print the file measure it in X and Y to get the right layers showing use display hide layers as Nophead said.

Now measure the length calculate a factor to correct the print for both X and Y the reprint and re-check you can hen save it as a PDF file then import it into Inkscape once in inkscape you can do almost any thing you need to do..

Save as SVG, PNG, PDF... etc

Eagle seems to be very screen image based .. it is as if the printed board is derived directly from the displayed image.

None of the other PCB packages seem to do this e.g. Kicad is just print and go easy then etch

Bodge It [reprap.org]
=======================================

BIQ Sanguinololu SD LCD board BIQ Stepcon BIQ Opto Endstop
BIQ Heater Block PCB BIQ Extruder Peek clamp replacement BIQ Huxley Seedling
BIQ Sanguinololu mounting BIQ standalone Sanguinololu or Ramps mounting Print It Stick It Cut it

My rep strap: [repstrapbertha.blogspot.com]

Buy the bits from B&Q pipestrap [diyrepstrap.blogspot.com]
How to Build a Darwin without any Rep Rap Parts [repstrapdarwin.blogspot.com]
Web Site [www.takeaway3dtech.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login