Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech Kossel Delta 2020 Full 3D Printer Kit w/Auto-Level

Posted by Kasahabo 
Re: Folger Tech Kossel Delta 2020 Full 3D Printer Kit w/Auto-Level
December 20, 2015 02:43PM
Do you mean my EEPROM settings work? Or Google and Youtube work?
December 20, 2015 04:39PM
IT WORKED! THANKS SOO MUCH!
I printed half of a boat (I had to Emergency Stop halfway through because it bumped it out of place)
And I printed a COMPLETE Weighted Companion cube!
[www.thingiverse.com]

Thanks again!
December 20, 2015 04:44PM
Congratulations FirmwareFool! share some pictures when you have some nice prints. We love to see success prints!

P.S. Anyone have an idea of a solution for my problem, with my Y axis carriage?

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 20, 2015 04:58PM
You can try new dc42 calculator to improve your height map [escher3d.com]
But it's pain to use 20mm and more offset probe for that, probably paper test measurements will work better.

FirmwareFool
IT WORKED! THANKS SOO MUCH!
I printed half of a boat (I had to Emergency Stop halfway through because it bumped it out of place)
And I printed a COMPLETE Weighted Companion cube!
[www.thingiverse.com]

Thanks again!

My [www.thingiverse.com] stuff, my configuration of Repetier 0.92.6: [forums.reprap.org] (use Arduino 1.6.5 to compile)
December 20, 2015 08:48PM
So that issue seems to have stopped. All motors now move, yay. When I home it, it goes really slow though, any ideas as to why?

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 20, 2015 08:53PM
Captain_Tim
So that issue seems to have stopped. All motors now move, yay. When I home it, it goes really slow though, any ideas as to why?

Check your homing feedrate in eeprom.

My [www.thingiverse.com] stuff, my configuration of Repetier 0.92.6: [forums.reprap.org] (use Arduino 1.6.5 to compile)
December 20, 2015 08:59PM
paul_delta

It was set to 2mm/s. Changed it to 30mm/s for now. Thank you very much.

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 20, 2015 09:00PM
Captain_Tim
paul_delta

It was set to 2mm/s. Changed it to 30mm/s for now. Thank you very much.

Yes, to minimize damage for beginners.

December 21, 2015 03:28PM
Hey Paul_delta,

I'm using your Repetier FW, and was wondering if you could help me get the initial configuration done. Which variable to change for height, rod length, etc. PM if you wish, or post here. Thanks for your help.

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 21, 2015 03:57PM
Connect your printer to Repetier Host and use Config->Firmware Eeprom menu to adjust these most important for calibration variables.
Pay attention to endstops, they are in steps, not in mm. So, if you need to adjust X tower endstop for 0.5mm to level your bed, you need to enter 40 there (80 steps * 0.5):

Captain_Tim
Hey Paul_delta,

I'm using your Repetier FW, and was wondering if you could help me get the initial configuration done. Which variable to change for height, rod length, etc. PM if you wish, or post here. Thanks for your help.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 04:06PM by paul_delta.

December 21, 2015 04:27PM
paul_delta
Pay attention to endstops, they are in steps, not in mm. So, if you need to adjust X tower endstop for 0.5mm to level your bed, you need to enter 40 there (80 steps * 0.5):

So if I need to adjust it by 2mm, then it'd be 160 (80*2)?

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 21, 2015 04:29PM
80steps=1mm, so yes.

Captain_Tim
paul_delta

So if I need to adjust it by 2mm, then it'd be 160 (80*2)?

December 21, 2015 04:31PM
Thank you very much. This should help me quite a bit. Who knows, maybe I'll be printing by the new year

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 21, 2015 04:49PM
Paul-delta, could you explain how to find out the Horizontal Rod Radius? Also, how does one figure out the endstop offset?

EDIT: I also don't see a spot to input the probe offset.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 05:12PM by Captain_Tim.

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 23, 2015 08:57AM
Anyone buy in the last few months? What was shipping time like? I ordered on 12/15 and still no movement with UPS tracker. Folger Tech website shows paid & fulfilled, any info would be appreciated.
December 23, 2015 09:23AM

Endstop offset = Tower endstop offset

Z-probe and tower offsets you will find in Option->Firmware Eeprom menu.

Captain_Tim
Paul-delta, could you explain how to find out the Horizontal Rod Radius? Also, how does one figure out the endstop offset?

EDIT: I also don't see a spot to input the probe offset.

December 23, 2015 09:27AM
I had same delays. They issue tracking number almost immediately and change status to Fulfilled. Then they may "fulfill" it 2-3 weeks.

kerozceiw
Anyone buy in the last few months? What was shipping time like? I ordered on 12/15 and still no movement with UPS tracker. Folger Tech website shows paid & fulfilled, any info would be appreciated.

December 23, 2015 10:47AM
I bought it late October I think, and I was quite pleased with the shipping. They might be slower as it is the holiday season, and more people may want this kit then usual. So I'd expect delays.

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 23, 2015 01:45PM
Thanks paul_delta for the info. Captain_Tim I sort of figured, but I know I saw a review on their facebook page where a guy said he got it in 3 days, so I was hoping for a little luck.
December 23, 2015 01:48PM
confused smiley I just bought one last night and got a UPS shipping notification this afternoon. Estimating a 12 day delivery time. Thought that was a little odd seeing as they are not THAT far away. Now I see that might be pretty realistic.

-Matt
December 23, 2015 01:56PM
EvilBetty
confused smiley I just bought one last night and got a UPS shipping notification this afternoon. Estimating a 12 day delivery time. Thought that was a little odd seeing as they are not THAT far away. Now I see that might be pretty realistic.

-Matt

They are not big company, so probably they don't keep all parts in stock and restock/print them as soon as they receive orders.

December 23, 2015 02:18PM
kerozceiw
Thanks paul_delta for the info. Captain_Tim I sort of figured, but I know I saw a review on their facebook page where a guy said he got it in 3 days, so I was hoping for a little luck.

I got mine in about a week. I was very pleased, considering how everyone had to wait quite awhile. I live in Canada too, so it was a further journey.

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 27, 2015 08:27PM
New owner of a FT Kossel here. Read through the entire 81 pages.

Was there a concensus on the length of the diagonal rods that allows a good compromise between width and height?

The rev.b manual mentions 240mm total length.
December 28, 2015 02:30AM
Well I have finished my build and moved on to calibration. I downloaded Repetier to try and get things going. Right off the bat my LCD screen is saying MINTEMP and when I try to do anything in Repetier it says the printer stopped due to errors. The extruder temp is reading as zero as well, so does this mean the sensor is broken? The bed temp is reading. Any help would be appreciated!
December 28, 2015 10:34AM
Check your wiring to make sure that you connected thermistor to the right pin. You may try to swap the bed and extruder thermistor connectors to check if extruder thermistor pin can read the bed temp. Test your thermistor with multimeter. The resistance will change if you will warm it in your hand - from around 100k Ohm to 60k Ohm (25C to 36C).

MarkM92
Well I have finished my build and moved on to calibration. I downloaded Repetier to try and get things going. Right off the bat my LCD screen is saying MINTEMP and when I try to do anything in Repetier it says the printer stopped due to errors. The extruder temp is reading as zero as well, so does this mean the sensor is broken? The bed temp is reading. Any help would be appreciated!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 10:36AM by paul_delta.

December 28, 2015 11:41AM
paul_delta
Check your wiring to make sure that you connected thermistor to the right pin. You may try to swap the bed and extruder thermistor connectors to check if extruder thermistor pin can read the bed temp. Test your thermistor with multimeter. The resistance will change if you will warm it in your hand - from around 100k Ohm to 60k Ohm (25C to 36C).

MarkM92

I swapped the connectors and now the bed temperature is reading as zero so I know it's not the thermistor. How do I go about finding the problem if it's in the board?
December 28, 2015 07:22PM
MarkM92
paul_delta

MarkM92

I swapped the connectors and now the bed temperature is reading as zero so I know it's not the thermistor. How do I go about finding the problem if it's in the board?

Sounds like you have the sensor in the firmware set wrong.
Whats your temp setting in your firmware?
December 28, 2015 10:34PM
Captain_Tim
kerozceiw

I got mine in about a week. I was very pleased, considering how everyone had to wait quite awhile. I live in Canada too, so it was a further journey.

Canadian here, mine comes tomorrow.

Which shipping option did you choose?

How much did you have to pay in import taxes?
December 29, 2015 08:06AM
I had just the regular shipping option I believe. The import tax though was around $100. So be prepared for that.

Owner of a QUBD Two Up
And
Folger Kossel 2020
And
Tevo Tarantula
December 29, 2015 10:14AM
Delta_Stu
New owner of a FT Kossel here. Read through the entire 81 pages.

Was there a concensus on the length of the diagonal rods that allows a good compromise between width and height?

The rev.b manual mentions 240mm total length.

I just re-did my arms. The Rev A. called for 230mm end to end which was frustratingly short. The thing to do is to assemble the frame and measure from one tower at the bottom of your travel to the far opposite side of the bed. Subtract out your effector and truck offsets, and that will give you an arm long enough to reach anywhere on your bed.

I'll measure my new rods when I get home but if memory serves they ended up about 260 end to end, but that's on a rev A with linear sliders so your numbers will be different.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login