Advanced

Any info on Kisslicer?

Posted by Jomo 
Any info on Kisslicer?
March 12, 2014 08:19PM
Jomo
Re: Kisslicer
03/12/2014 05:02PM

I just started using Kisslicer and I think that I am getting better results then Slic3r.

I had a few issues and questions I hope some one can answer.

I have the first layer temp set higher then the rest but when the layer finishes, the nozzle just sits there for a little bit while the temp drops. This caused some damage to the part. Any way to lift the nozzle?

I would like to set a minimum time per layer. I thought I read that it has that control but cant find it

My printer shakes a lot when infilling the corners. Is there a control to slow that down?

I am surprised that there are so few messages here is there another forum that talks about Kisslicer?

Thanks folks and I got some good ideas already from what is posted here now.
Re: Any info on Kisslicer?
March 12, 2014 08:41PM
Jomo
Jomo
Re: Kisslicer
03/12/2014 05:02PM

I just started using Kisslicer and I think that I am getting better results then Slic3r.

I had a few issues and questions I hope some one can answer.

I have the first layer temp set higher then the rest but when the layer finishes, the nozzle just sits there for a little bit while the temp drops. This caused some damage to the part. Any way to lift the nozzle?

In the extruder select tab change the M109 to M104 so it does not wait when changing temperature.

I would like to set a minimum time per layer. I thought I read that it has that control but cant find it

Its in the material tab.

My printer shakes a lot when infilling the corners. Is there a control to slow that down?

Not sure what you mean but it could be you need to change your firmware acceleration and jerk settings. Or it is a result of having the skin thickness >= the extrusion width times the number of loops. You want the skin thickness equal to about 80% of the extrusion width * the loop count to ensure you do not end up with squiggly infill making up the difference of wall thickness.

I am surprised that there are so few messages here is there another forum that talks about Kisslicer?

It is closed source and the developer went missing in september and the Kisslicer forum got 200,000 spam over the next few months until it was taken down by the host.

Thanks folks and I got some good ideas already from what is posted here now.

Most of the Kisslicer related questions go in the experimental software section of the forum and I would recommend posting questions there or at least in one of the software section forums.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
March 12, 2014 08:52PM
Great -Thanks for the info and I will ponder your thoughts on infill shake
March 13, 2014 01:11PM
Sublime
... but it could be you need to change your firmware acceleration and jerk settings.

Absolutely agree with the above... REDUCE your acceleration & jerk values in your firmware to reasonable real world values.
Personally I think a lot of these initial firmware acceleration values in most firmware packages were meant to impress, display and showcase the speed capabilities of the machine/printer itself, and not necessarily turning the machine in to a workable 3d printer that produces reliable quality prints.
Print FAST (and with high firmware acceleration & jerk values) throw the print in the garbage when done, Print SLOWER (and with lower acceleration & jerk values), and you stand a chance a achieving a successful high quality print.

Hello Jomo,

I recommend that you check these threads out...

Adjust Marlin Acceleration & Jerk Values to real world values

Slic3r... Out of Control bug list, time to get a clue...

Kisslicer Refugee Camp - Google Groups

Hope this helps you... enjoy Happy Printing !smileys with beer

Shawn
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

25+ Years Experience as a Manufacturing Engineer and New Product Developer
Three Years Experience... Printing 6-8 hours a day, 5 days a week, complex and close tolerance functional engineering prototypes.
Printing PLA @0.1mm Layer Height with +- 0.05mm tolerance for all dimensional shapes (except slightly undersized hole I.D.s).
No printing of... toys, trinkets, low quality prints, or other useless printed objects.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2014 01:40PM by ShawnT98027.
March 13, 2014 08:30PM
Thanks ShawnT

I am going to reduce Jerk and acceleration. And, that would be great if it stopped my occasional lost steps. I did read the thread on problems with Slic3r which led me to Kisslicer. I got cleaner results from my first print. I signed up to the refugee group and looking forward to seeing peoples experience.

Thank you for providing all that info

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login