Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Host 0.90b Loubie Lizard bug?

Posted by swoozle 
Repetier Host 0.90b Loubie Lizard bug?
June 29, 2013 10:35PM
When I slice Loubie (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:71198) through repetier host using slic3r (0.9.10b), he has no eyeballs. But when I slice him directly using slic3r, he has eyeballs. Anyone have an idea why the difference?
Re: Repetier Host 0.90b Loubie Lizard bug?
June 30, 2013 06:19AM
You can also slice it from the host correctly. But you have to understand what the problem is.

If you check the analysis it says the object consists of 3 objects (shells) Body plus 2 Eyes. It contains 1181 intersecting triangles. This is where the eyes intersect the body. So you know it was badly modeled. The user should have joined the 3 objects into one object.

Now the host has detected the problem and tried to fix it, but failed because it only fixes some simple errors. Part of the failure was inverting the normals of the eyes. Thats why you see the green eyes! So the solution in this case is to use the unmodified version for slicing. Click in the analysis on the word "Modified" or to the right on the yes/no result. That way you can switch between original model and modified model. The selected model is used for slicing.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 30, 2013 02:47PM
Cool, thanks.

I assume there are models where repetier is able to fix problems that slic3r can't handle?

Which also reminds me, there are great features like that in Repetier that I can't find any documentation for. I'm sure it's just that I'm not looking in the right place. Where is something like that described?

Thanks
June 30, 2013 03:53PM
I'm qite busy at the moment, which is why the docs lag a bit behind.

Repetier-Software - the home of Repetier-Host (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) and Repetier-Firmware.
Repetier-Server - the solution to control your printer from everywhere.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
June 30, 2013 04:15PM
Oops. Responded to wrong thread. Deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2013 04:16PM by Eric Mack.
June 30, 2013 08:08PM
No doubt you are busy. Your software rocks!

Thanks.
Donation sent.
I have also found this problem (on a different model) and am glad there is a solution (to not use the modified version). However I wish there was an option to disable the STL checking altogether, because a) it takes much longer to add an object in some cases, and b) why detect 'faults' that dont stop it from slicing correctly. Why not just leave that to the slicer..? The model I am having trouble is fine in Netfabb and sliced perfectly in previous versions of Repetier (using Slic3r), so I am not inclined to remodel it to fix a phantom error that only Repetier seems to care about.

Can you add an option to the settings to 'skip STL checking', or 'always use unmodified STL' or something?

Cheers!
SLAM-ER
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login