Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reminder for new owners: Better Z-probe/fan control/hot end illumination board

Posted by dc42 
Re: Reminder for new owners: Better Z-probe/fan control/hot end illumination board
March 09, 2015 08:52AM
If they still do not answer you I have a strip of 10x200 mm I could send to you. It is a cut off to fit it inside the metal clips holding the glass plate.

You could puzzle it together to a 30x70 mm piece, which should be enough for the sensor to work with. Not an ideal solution but, I gladly help with what I can.
Re: Reminder for new owners: Better Z-probe/fan control/hot end illumination board
March 09, 2015 09:04AM
..and here's another nice video - from install to probing

Installation phases of the IR sensor by David Crocker DC42, the printer ORMEROD 3D RepRapPro. The new sensor replaces the original with many advantages; first of all the repeatability and positioning accuracy of the Z axis relative to the plane of the press. Video instructions by EBGMODELS The Italian site

[www.youtube.com]

Erik
March 09, 2015 09:09AM
Dave

I have done a mock up of a bracket that shows that I can get one to fit so can you add me to the list for one please.

Doug.
March 09, 2015 09:13AM
Please add me to the list for your Z-probe,

John
Hi Dave

Thanks for the link to the backwash eleiminator

Don
March 09, 2015 01:13PM
dc42

2. It works anywhere on the bed, not just on white targets (in fact you have to remove the white targets to use my sensor).

Do the targets need to be removed because the bed needs to be uniform in color? or is it something else?

I ask because I've been looking at a print bed coating called Eez 3D that's supposed to help with print bed adhesion, but also works with many different materials i.e. PLA, ABS, Nylon, Ninja Flex etc. It looks like it's white, so it would turn the entire print bed white, and I'm not sure how it would interact with the standard Ormerod 2 probe or with yours. I emailed the person who makes it, but he hasn't used it on any printers with IR probes, so he didn't know.

I think that it would just make the standard O2 probe work anywhere on the bed, so maybe it would be possible to use more calibration points? Which would be a bonus... although if it would cause a problem with your improved probe, that would be a downside. I think I'm planning to upgrade to your probe eventually.

I'll have to see how much difficulty I have with adhesion before I decide if I'm going to buy this coating, and then probably only a small sample. But I'm still waiting for my replacement Tapered Nut before I can get my printer finished so.....
March 09, 2015 01:21PM
shadow651
Do the targets need to be removed because the bed needs to be uniform in color? or is it something else?

Yes, my probe is slightly sensitive to the colour of the surface, and also sensitive to the transparency of the surface, especially if whatever is under the bed reflects more strongly than the bed surface itself.

shadow651
I ask because I've been looking at a print bed coating called Eez 3D that's supposed to help with print bed adhesion, but also works with many different materials i.e. PLA, ABS, Nylon, Ninja Flex etc. It looks like it's white, so it would turn the entire print bed white, and I'm not sure how it would interact with the standard Ormerod 2 probe or with yours.

If it's white then it should work with both my probe and the standard one. Mine will be less sensitive to any variation in colour that you end up with.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Hi dc42,

Very new to the forum and to the Ormerod but have finally found myself some time to have a play around and have started modifying the printer. I'm very keen to try out your board as the Ormerod 1 probe is just far too sensitive to ambient light (unusable where I am). Could you please let me know a price (sorry if I have missed this somewhere else) shipped to New Zealand? I'm likely to get you to add me to the waiting list, just want to confirm costs first.

Many thanks!
March 10, 2015 07:35AM
Hi, the price for a single nozzle board including tracked carriage to NZ is GBP46.16.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

March 10, 2015 09:13AM
Please add me to the list if you haven't already.
March 10, 2015 11:04AM
drjeep
Please add me to the list if you haven't already.

I've added you.

March 10, 2015 11:23AM
Dave

Any Idea on when you may have stock again (I am after a single Nozzle board by the way if possible)

Looks like the 5 inch screen should be in my hands now (DHL have tried to deliver today while I was out) 5 days order to delivery from HK.

Doug
March 10, 2015 12:16PM
dougal1957
Any Idea on when you may have stock again (I am after a single Nozzle board by the way if possible)

I recently uncovered 9 single nozzle PCBs that I didn't know I had. So I plan to order the components today or tomorrow and assemble them later this week or next week. The dual nozzle boards will take a little longer.

March 10, 2015 12:56PM
dc42
dougal1957

I recently uncovered 9 single nozzle PCBs that I didn't know I had. So I plan to order the components today or tomorrow and assemble them later this week or next week. The dual nozzle boards will take a little longer.

Single nozzle board will be fine for me just let me know how much and how to pay and I'll sort it?

Doug

p.s. made some progress on the CoreXY got the carriages and rails assembled need to get them into the frame and figure out motor mounting but that should be a doddle now.
March 10, 2015 01:12PM
dougal1957
p.s. made some progress on the CoreXY got the carriages and rails assembled need to get them into the frame and figure out motor mounting but that should be a doddle now.

See [forums.reprap.org] for how to configure 1.00p-dc42 for use with CoreXY mechanics.

March 10, 2015 01:15PM
dc42
dougal1957

See [forums.reprap.org] for how to configure 1.00p-dc42 for use with CoreXY mechanics.

Yes I saw it the other day made me pull my finger out so to speak!thumbs up
Thanks! If I plan to get dual nozzle in the near future would the dual nozzle board still work for the single in the mean time? If so, could I get a price for the dual board please? If it's similar you can just add me to the list smiling smiley Thanks!
rkc
March 11, 2015 05:56AM
What is the price for the dual-nozzle version?
March 11, 2015 06:07AM
The current prices including shipping are are:

UK      EU Vat paid   Europe VAT exempt   Rest of world
Single nozzle	£45.95      £54.12          £45.10        	£46.16
Dual nozzle	£60.84      £69.15          £57.63        	£58.74

I'd really like to reduce these prices, but as the volumes are so low now I am having to assemble these boards by hand. It takes half a day to build, program and test a batch of 5 boards.

Hey DC42, thanks for the price list. I did a bit of digging and found an older post confirming that the dual board will work with a single nozzle so provided this is actually the case could you please put me down for a dual board? May as well "future-proof" myself given that I'm on the other side of the world. Thanks heaps!
March 12, 2015 05:08AM
Do you have these and the lcd boards ready or do you make them when ppl order?

I will need the z-probe and maby the lcd. I use my ipad now, not sure if i will have that much use for a lcd screen, but its quite cool.
March 12, 2015 05:21AM
I have stocks of the LCD (PanelDue) boards. Stocks of the hot end/height sensing boards ran out some time ago and there is no longer enough demand for me to have a batch of 50 made. So for now I am assembling them myself in batches of about 5.

March 12, 2015 09:02AM
Sorry, didnt see that it was a page 2 with all info i asked about, i asked on page 1 and was wondering where my question were
Hey DC, haven't had any confirmation so just wanted to double check that you've added me to the list for a dual board? Many thanks!! smiling smiley
Hi Dave,

Mark me down for another of the Dual Nozzle Boards when you get some underway.

Cheers
March 18, 2015 12:21PM
I am about to order parts to make some more of these. I will be making 3 different sorts of boards:

1. The original single-nozzle boards. These will be available soonest (around the middle of next week) because I already have 9 PCBs for them. After all 9 are sold, I do not intend to make any more.

2. Single nozzle boards that are upgradable to dual by adding two large SMD components (that can be soldered fairly easily using an ordinary fine-tipped soldering iron) and several through-hole components. These are essentially dual-nozzle boards with some parts left off. They should be available about 3 to 4 weeks from now. They may be less suitable for printers other than the Ormerod than the original single-nozzle boards, because they are wider at the top, to accommodate the additional connectors for the second hot end and thermistor.

3. Dual nozzle boards. These will be the same as my previous dial nozzle boards, except that I have added a jumper to make them more easily switchable between single- and dual-nozzle print heads. These should also be available about 3 to 4 weeks from now.

Much as I would like to reduce the prices, the volumes are low so I will have to assemble them by hand, and because of the time this takes I can't afford a price reduction (I wish I had a pick-and-place machine!). So these are the prices in GBP, including tracked (where available) air mail postage and VAT (where applicable):

UK   EU VAT paid  Europe no VAT  Rest of world
1-nozzle standard    45.95   54.12      45.10          46.16
1-nozzle upgradable  52.15   60.38      50.32          51.40 
2-nozzle             59.60   67.90      56.58          57.70

Note to users in South Africa: the postal service to SA has become very unreliable, the last few boards I sent took around 2.5 months to arrive, and one didn't arrive at all.

Please can those of you who would like boards (including those of you already on my waiting list) confirm your orders by sending me a PM with the following info:

1. Which board(s) you want, and how many
2. Your PayPal email address
3. What country you want the board(s) shipped to.
4. If you are within the EU and claiming the VAT-exempt price, your VAT registration number (if in Italy, you need to be VIES-registered as well as VAT-registered to qualify for this price).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2015 12:22PM by dc42.

March 18, 2015 12:46PM
dc42
Note to users in South Africa: the postal service to SA has become very unreliable, the last few boards I sent took around 2.5 months to arrive, and one didn't arrive at all.

Should be better now that the strike is over, but you never know when the next one will start!
March 26, 2015 06:50PM
Today I flow-soldered a small batch of single nozzle hot end boards, and I expect to finish and test them tomorrow. So I am sending PayPal payment requests to those who I know are waiting for them.

PCBs for the dual nozzle boards were ordered last Monday, and I expect to be shipping the completed boards the week after next. I will send the PayPal requests for those nearer the time.

Hi dc,
Sorry I'm late to the party, but do you happen to have one more available for me? a single nozzle board is adequate for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2015 08:13PM by jeffreyb1004.
March 27, 2015 04:23AM
dc42
Today I flow-soldered a small batch of single nozzle hot end boards, and I expect to finish and test them tomorrow. So I am sending PayPal payment requests to those who I know are waiting for them.

PCBs for the dual nozzle boards were ordered last Monday, and I expect to be shipping the completed boards the week after next. I will send the PayPal requests for those nearer the time.

Dave

Have you sent the invoices out yet as I haven't got mine for the Single board and PanelDue.

Doug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login