Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New experimental firmware 1.00h-dc42

Posted by dc42 
New experimental firmware 1.00h-dc42
February 11, 2015 07:49PM
I've just released firmware version 1.00h at [github.com]. Changes in this release:

* Macros can now call other macros, up to a total file nesting limit of 5. This also means that macros can use G28, T1 and other commands that invoke macros.

* Support for faster print pausing, and for pause.g and resume.g macros. The position and fan speed are automatically restored prior to resuming a print after a pause Thanks to zombiepantslol for the idea (but I am using a different implementation).

* X and Y axes are are homed simultaneously, if you use my homeall.g file.

* Supports the extra web server responses required by zombiepantlol's web interface. You can use either that interface, or continue to use my 1.04 version.

* Incorporated zombiepantlol's changes to the Network layer and FTP server

* Support added for message log on PanelDue (coming soon to PanelDue firmware)

* Minor improvements to the new Move code

As with all my 1.00 series firmware, the Move code has been almost totally rewritten compared to the original, to give smoother movement and to avoid the need for minimum speeds.

You can keep your existing config.g and homing files, or use my homing files (with simultaneous XY homing) and adapt config.g to your needs. If you use my homing files, then you must include a M574 command in config.g to tell the firmware whether you have a high or a low Y endstop (M574 X0 Y2 Z0 S1 for Ormerod 1, and M574 X0 Y1 Z0 S1 for Ormerod 2).

Note: this release has a known issue, which is that the Resume function may not reset the extruder correctly if the slicer program you use outputs absolute extruder moves (e.g. Cura without the plugin)..

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: New experimental firmware 1.00h-dc42
February 12, 2015 12:55PM
It seems like the M557 coordinates for bed calibration are not used. I have checked and rechecked my settings.
When sending G32 it moves to X60 Y0 dispite my config G setting M557 P0 X28 Y15.

Tried to use zombiepantslol www folder. With no sucess, at all. The browser do not get any response.
It may not be the right place to ask but... I just added his www folder from github to the SD-card. Is that how it is supposed to be done?

The www only folder contains (no subfolders):

/Tomas

Running 1.00h on an ormerod 2 using the latest O2 files from github.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 01:08PM by fotomas.
February 12, 2015 01:43PM
fotomas
Tried to use zombiepantslol www folder. With no sucess, at all. The browser do not get any response.
It may not be the right place to ask but... I just added his www folder from github to the SD-card. Is that how it is supposed to be done?

Eww, no, use the files from this repository: [github.com]
February 12, 2015 02:22PM
Works!

A humble question; what is the idea behind the files I used?

/Tomas

zombiepantslol
fotomas

Eww, no, use the files from this repository: [github.com]
February 12, 2015 02:43PM
I had the same issue with G32. It uses the G code in bed.g now.
February 12, 2015 02:52PM
fotomas
A humble question; what is the idea behind the files I used?

These were the original RRP web interface files we had when we assembled our Ormerod 1s about a year ago smiling smiley Fortunately, iamburny and dc42 then came up with a new web interface...

Btw, I did put a README file in my SD-image directory, but I haven't updated it with a link to my whole new web interface yet.
February 12, 2015 06:23PM
Looks like with 1.00h the amount of g-code files you can have on the SD-card somehow changed? I first noticed that after uploading a new file (with the webinterface) it didn't show up in the list. Looking closer I noticed that I have less files shown, even if they are still on the card. E.g my setbed.g suddenly was not shown anymore in the control page. Reverting back to 1.00g and all files are visible again. I know there is a limit on files (I have about 55 in the /gcodes dir), but is it design intent in 1.00h that the limit is lowered?
February 12, 2015 06:38PM
fotomas
It seems like the M557 coordinates for bed calibration are not used. I have checked and rechecked my settings.
When sending G32 it moves to X60 Y0 dispite my config G setting M557 P0 X28 Y15.

As confirmed Here by Dave, if you have a bed.g file in the sys folder G32 uses this insted of the M557 coordinates.
February 12, 2015 06:54PM
pantau
Looks like with 1.00h the amount of g-code files you can have on the SD-card somehow changed? I first noticed that after uploading a new file (with the webinterface) it didn't show up in the list. Looking closer I noticed that I have less files shown, even if they are still on the card. E.g my setbed.g suddenly was not shown anymore in the control page. Reverting back to 1.00g and all files are visible again. I know there is a limit on files (I have about 55 in the /gcodes dir), but is it design intent in 1.00h that the limit is lowered?

Hi pantau, that wasn't intended but I think I know what may be causing it. I'll fix it in the next version.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

February 13, 2015 10:14AM
Hello,

I hope you can help me. I´m using an ormerod 2 and I was very intrested in the new web control.
So I flashed the new firmware 1.00h-dc42 but in each WebControl after the Version 0.65 I get the same issue, that the Hot End Temperature wasn´t shown correctly.

Thanks and greetings.

Ormerod 2
Attachments:
open | download - HotEnd Temperature.GIF (14.1 KB)
open | download - Hot End Temperaute 2.GIF (12.2 KB)
February 13, 2015 03:08PM
Jermain
So I flashed the new firmware 1.00h-dc42 but in each WebControl after the Version 0.65 I get the same issue, that the Hot End Temperature wasn´t shown correctly.

It sounds to me that you are using an old version of the web interface files. You need to completely replace the contents of the /www folder on the SD card with either my 1.04 files from here [github.com] or zombiepantslol's newer web interface here [github.com].

February 13, 2015 03:28PM
Hello,

thanks for quickly answering. But this is not the Problem. I´m using the actual soft but (screenshot) some acts later I saw a temperature signal for Head 2. I´m not sure if I can use this firmware for my printer because its a single nozzle printer.

Thanks and greetings Jermain
Attachments:
open | download - Settings-page.GIF (61.4 KB)
February 13, 2015 04:22PM
Yes, you can use it for a single-nozzle printer. If your config.g file is correct, Head 2 will show up as "n/a". If it doesn't, then you have a M563 command for tool 2 in your config.g file that you need to remove or comment out. If you are using my config.g file, please read the comments in that file.

February 13, 2015 04:47PM
Hello,

thanks for answering. I activated Head 2 only for getting a solve for my problem. In the actual screenshot you can see the real problem. The signal of the Hot End Sensor is shown in Head 2 and not in Head 1. I have checked the wiring and its all correct. In the config is no parameter to change this.

Thanks for helping.
Jermain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2015 04:59PM by Jermain.
Attachments:
open | download - setting-page2.GIF (56.1 KB)
open | download - config.g (3.4 KB)
February 13, 2015 05:37PM
To get that reading, the Duet must be returning -273 to the web interface. The usual reason is that either the thermistor has become disconnected, or it is a cold day and the ADC offset is too large for the ADC to get a sensible reading. Does your hot end have a history of under reading ay room temperature? Are you sure it still works if you install older firmware? What happens if you warm the hot end with a hair dryer and then reset the Duet to clear the temperature fault?

You can try with your old config.g file if you like, just remember to add the M574 command described at the start of this thread.

February 13, 2015 07:40PM
Okay, if I warmig up the Hot End I got a sign. And if the nozzle lost the Temperature the sign lost. (Temperature sign.gif)
The ADC offset is H0 L0 like the config file.

In the past the sensor show 10-15 degrees lower than the room temperature from 21 degrees. Could I change this difference with the ADC offset?

Next, I flashed the old RepRap Version 0.78c and used the Web Control v0.65 (WebControl v0.65.gif). Correct sign at startup the ormerod.

Did you have any idea?

Greetings Jermain
Attachments:
open | download - Temperature sign.GIF (51.4 KB)
open | download - WebControl v0.65.GIF (56.8 KB)
February 14, 2015 03:15AM
Dave

Is there any way to change the operating mode of the Heaters.

ie can I in some way use bang-bang for the hotbed

I am going to be using an AC Heater with a SSR so not sure how PID control will cope.

Thanks again for all your time on this rewrite to deal with Delta Printers.

Doug
February 14, 2015 05:04AM
By default, the hot bed already uses bang-bang. So there should be no problem with using a mains powered heater and zero crossing SSR. I guess the heated bed is quite large?

You can switch between PID and bang-bang using the M301 or M304 command. A negative P term instructs the firmware to use bang-bang.

dougal1957
Dave

I am going to be using an AC Heater with a SSR so not sure how PID control will cope.

Doug

February 14, 2015 05:11AM
I am puzzled. It sounds that there is a problem with the ADC offset on your Duet. But then when you use 0.78c firmware, a similar problem should occur, except that the reading would be about -30C instead of -273.

You could try setting the H parameter in the M305 P1 command to 30. If that solves the problem, adjust it to get the correct reading at room temperature.

Jermain
Okay, if I warmig up the Hot End I got a sign. And if the nozzle lost the Temperature the sign lost. (Temperature sign.gif)
The ADC offset is H0 L0 like the config file.

In the past the sensor show 10-15 degrees lower than the room temperature from 21 degrees. Could I change this difference with the ADC offset?

Next, I flashed the old RepRap Version 0.78c and used the Web Control v0.65 (WebControl v0.65.gif). Correct sign at startup the ormerod.

Did you have any idea?

Greetings Jermain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 05:12AM by dc42.

February 14, 2015 05:56AM
Hello,
I found the error. If I use the firmware 0.78c , I can see the sensor data with 5V USB voltage.
Your firmware requires the 12V supply.
Minor bug big impact.
Thanks for your help.

Jermain
February 14, 2015 07:01AM
If having 12V power or not makes a difference, that suggests that the USB power from your PC is somewhat below 5V, and this in turn means that the 3.3V supply to the microcontroller is low. My fork uses the ADC in a slightly different way from the RRP fork, so the effect of a low 3.3V supply on the ADC offset may be different.

February 14, 2015 07:27AM
You are right. I changed the USB-Cable and all is good.

Thanks for helping.
February 14, 2015 08:50AM
dc42
By default, the hot bed already uses bang-bang. So there should be no problem with using a mains powered heater and zero crossing SSR. I guess the heated bed is quite large?

You can switch between PID and bang-bang using the M301 or M304 command. A negative P term instructs the firmware to use bang-bang.

dougal1957
Dave

Doug

Thanks Dave that helps a lot it will be a 300mm Diameter Heater under a 400mmDia 5mm thick Ally plate with a Candle Mirror of 400mm dia on top so yeah a fair size (and the Core XY will be 400mm square heater under a 400mm sq 6mm ecocast plate with glass on top as well).

Doug
February 14, 2015 09:23AM
Just tried my first print with this firmware. The web interface did not find the height or total filament needed, so print time was unavailable. I'm slicing with S3D. Print seems to be going OK (still printing). I could attach the gcode if needed, but I'm guessing that the search for those parameters in an S3D file has been regressed.

Dave
February 14, 2015 11:07AM
dmould
Just tried my first print with this firmware. The web interface did not find the height or total filament needed, so print time was unavailable. I'm slicing with S3D. Print seems to be going OK (still printing). I could attach the gcode if needed, but I'm guessing that the search for those parameters in an S3D file has been regressed.

Dave

I accepted zombiepantlol's changes to that code, but I thought he supported S3D too. Anyway, send me a sample gcode file and I will fix it.

February 14, 2015 11:30AM
dc42
dmould

Dave

I accepted zombiepantlol's changes to that code, but I thought he supported S3D too. Anyway, send me a sample gcode file and I will fix it.

That's absolutely correct and indeed, it works when using my firmware fork:

But well, I looked at your Webserver code and couldn't find an error in there (except that you don't check if a directory was passed to Webserver::GetFileInfo, but that one shouldn't be critical - I haven't checked if you do so anywhere else though). Maybe you missed something in my changes to RepRapFirmware.cpp?
February 14, 2015 01:03PM
I think I found the problem. It doesn't only affect files produced with Simplify3D, some slic3r files are affected too. Will fix shortly. It's caused by a change I made to the file system interface, so not in zpl's code.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 01:03PM by dc42.

February 14, 2015 01:15PM
Looks like you are on to it, but attached is the G file I tried in case you need it.

Dave
Attachments:
open | download - FPVplate.rar (111.3 KB)
February 15, 2015 05:24AM
Some feature request:

I when changing filament I have accidentally ordered 400 mm reverse extrusion at 1 mm /sec, a confirm dialog when doing this combination would be nice. Eliminating human error. As of now the only reasonable option is to power cycle the printer.

I value showing current speed, speed factor and extrusion factor.
When adjusting the speed it takes about 20-30 moves before it has effect. It would be nice to see when the adjustment has had effect. For large changes it is noticeable but for minor changes it is a bit harder. Regarding extrusion I do not now how long time/many moves are required fo the adjustment to have effect and it is even harder to see the difference in the printers behavior. It is very easy to overshoot the desired extrusion when you adjust with such limited feedback.

This may be a bug or just a feature request. When trying to upload a file via the web GUI when a print is paused hangs the printer. The file is overwritten and left at size 0 bytes. Disabling file upload when the printer is in "paused" state would prevent this. This is regarding all variants of file upload. I have recently staring to use a ftp client instead the web gui so this i not a big deal any longer.

These may be luxury features, I know that but something I would appreciate when printing.

Anyone else that agree on this?

/Tomas
February 15, 2015 05:39AM
Hi Tomas,

1. Perhaps I should add a feature that behaves like emergency stop except that the printer doesn't need to be reset afterwards?

2. I plan to make changes that will make the speed and extrusion factor take effect more quickly.

3. That sounds like a bug to me. Uploading a file via the web interface should still work when the print is paused.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login