Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Request for Simplify3D gcode test

Posted by Firefox3D 
Re: Request for Simplify3D gcode test
July 19, 2015 10:19AM
dc42
dougal1957
another problem has just reared it's ugly head tho and not sure what is causing it?

When i heat the hotend to 230+ the temp's error out until I reset the DUET if I keep it to 225 or less then it is fine just wondering if I have an Iffy Thermistor?

Any suggestion's re this would be gratefully received

Probably the time-to-hot timer is timing out. See [reprap.org]. I think the default is 120 seconds.

Yep reckon that could be it trouble with a 25 watt element I suppose may think about swapping it out for a 40 watt one.

Doug.

And yes Darathy always on heat up never on print's.

I know I am posting in the Ormerod section but my Printer is a large Delta using the Duet and both myself and Dave were getting random blobbing using the E3D Hotend's and Slic3r (Mine is 1.2.9) and this has totally disappeared with S3D so for me it was worth the $149 (and the speed improvement as well).
July 19, 2015 11:21AM
What settings did you use to eliminate blobs?

I have written to s3d support and they told me to do the following:
start script
T0
M190 S[bed0_temperature]
M104 S[extruder0_temperature] T0
M109 S[extruder0_temperature] T0
M190 S[bed0_temperature]

If anyone needed a fix for t0
July 19, 2015 11:35AM
The right way to configure S3D is IMHO to use G10 instead of M104. I've attached my firmware configuration file in case anyone wants to use it as a template.

Nevertheless I recommend adding a custom end G-Code with a retraction, relative lift, movement to X=0 Y=0 and a final M0 call:

G1 E-10 F2400
G91
G1 Z5 F360
G90
G1 X0 Y0 F6000
M107
M0

HTH!
Attachments:
open | download - RepRap Duet.frm (981 bytes)
July 19, 2015 02:52PM
I used the G10 command but somehow I have to set the Extruder temperature by hand (!). What I am doing wrong?

Slicer: Simplify3D 4.0; sometimes CraftWare 1.14 or Cura 2.7
Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.
August 01, 2015 05:00PM
dougal1957
dc42
dougal1957
another problem has just reared it's ugly head tho and not sure what is causing it?

When i heat the hotend to 230+ the temp's error out until I reset the DUET if I keep it to 225 or less then it is fine just wondering if I have an Iffy Thermistor?

Any suggestion's re this would be gratefully received

Probably the time-to-hot timer is timing out. See [reprap.org]. I think the default is 120 seconds.

Yep reckon that could be it trouble with a 25 watt element I suppose may think about swapping it out for a 40 watt one.

Doug.

And yes Darathy always on heat up never on print's.

I know I am posting in the Ormerod section but my Printer is a large Delta using the Duet and both myself and Dave were getting random blobbing using the E3D Hotend's and Slic3r (Mine is 1.2.9) and this has totally disappeared with S3D so for me it was worth the $149 (and the speed improvement as well).

Hey ,how did you get rid of blobs in S3D? i cant get rid of them ,been messing with Coast at End but no diference in blobing(i have it set to 3.4mm and still get no diference between 0 and 3.4mm) ,retraction 3.6mm(2mm recomended, i have had it at 5mm but same result) 100mm/s retraction speed (had it at 30 ,40 ,50 ,60 and no diference). I'm considering switching back to stock Hot End but will have to make a new sensor mount for DC's probe(i had to enlarge the holes on the sensor from 2.5 to 3mm so i could mount it to E3D mount).
August 01, 2015 09:28PM
Did you try to randomize your start point?

Delta with Duet-WiFi, FW: 1.20.1RC2; mini-sensor board by dc42 for auto-leveling
Ormerod common modifications: Mini-sensor board by dc42, aluminum X-arm, 0.4 mm nozzle E3D like, 2nd fan, Z stepper nut M5 x 15, Herringbone gears, Z-axis bearing at top, spring loaded extruder with pneumatic fitting, Y belt axis tensioner
Ormerod 2: FW: 1.19-dc42 on Duet-WiFi. own build, modifications: GT2-belts, silicone heat-bed, different motors and so on. Printed parts: bed support, (PSU holder) and Y-feet.
Ormerod 1: FW: 1.15c-dc42 on 1k Duet-Board. Modifications: Aluminium bed-support, (nearly) all parts reprinted in PLA/ ABS, and so on.

August 02, 2015 04:40AM
i did ,only couses blobs at random spots sad smiley ,i think E3D has a too thick melting block and it couses oozing. its abaut 2mm thicker then stock nozzle (with which i did not have any blobing at all ,you could not tell where the layer started.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 04:42AM by Darathy.
August 02, 2015 04:43AM
Picture? Maybe you should reduce extrusion? It hardly depends on your filament...

August 02, 2015 04:45AM
i have tried Underextruding to a point where i had too little fillament coming out of the nozzle but it still produced blobs.

Pictures:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 04:51AM by Darathy.
August 02, 2015 04:57AM
So I would first try another filament. maybe it is too wet. Speed to high? Temperature wrong? Maybe someone else can help, because I have not that lot experience?

August 02, 2015 05:05AM
The filament is stored in ziploc bag with desicant inside ,i dont think its filament related. DC42 had the same issue with E3D and dougal1957 aswell but he somehow fixed it.
August 02, 2015 05:08AM
So it could be temperature or speed related...

August 02, 2015 05:10AM
i've had the blobs at temps at 180 to 190 and speed from 30 to 50 all the same.
August 02, 2015 06:12AM
how about doing boundaries from inside to out that way the blobs will be on the inside
August 02, 2015 07:59AM
Have you tried S3D's "Coast to end" feature yet? I generally set this value to ~2mm and I get much better seams than with Slic3r or Cura. Also, on both of my printers I use retraction values of 4.5-5mm at 2400mm/min, which seems to improve print quality as well. Might be worth a try!
August 02, 2015 12:05PM
yes i have set the coasting at end to 4mm now but only slight improvment i will try 5mm next ,i've set my retraction to 6000mm/min .i've had it at 2400mm/min but still same.

i will try from inside out aswell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 12:06PM by Darathy.
August 02, 2015 02:07PM
Do you hear some cracking noise like burning fire during printing?

August 02, 2015 02:09PM
no ,no cracking noise as far as i can hear.
August 02, 2015 02:17PM
What kind of PLA do you use? Manufacturer? I have one PLA spool here that is really hard to print and it often fails - with blobs. It is simply bad material, but it can be printed - somehow. And somehow even I managed it to print it. The material is really important.

August 02, 2015 02:50PM
i'm using [3dfilaments.ie] for evrything atm ,since i have like 5 spools of it. I will try some Esun which i have 1 spool of it left and see if it has blobs aswell. but thisone has bad layer adhesion and breaks easy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 02:54PM by Darathy.
August 02, 2015 03:10PM
The PLA one? I nearly wanted to try it out. 3dfilaments.ie prints here very smooth but I now buy my filament elsewhere as they are not able to provide a good web shop and the shipping costs are much high and nobody could tell me something about the printing properties of ABS. I only tried ABS from esun but the colors did not convince me. For the moment I found filament with good colors and nice printing behaviour for both PLA and ABS. Regarding ABS it seems to have less smell and a little bit less warping but now I will try another company with SmartABS and hopefully not much warping.

What kind of extruder do you use?

August 02, 2015 03:20PM
E3D V6 ,with VortyZas spring loaded extuder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 03:21PM by Darathy.
August 02, 2015 03:29PM
I knew it. What about the spring strength? Is this constant? May the filament get slippery as you measured the extrusion steps? How many steps do you use?

August 02, 2015 03:36PM
420 and i use 0.97 extrusion multiplier which gives me perfect top fill ,i'm sure its not overextruding tbh.
August 02, 2015 03:41PM
I think I am out. The only idea which I have but this would not really explain your problem would be a faulty z-axis or bed level but then you should have other phenomenons.

August 02, 2015 04:36PM
Darathy
i'm using [3dfilaments.ie] for evrything atm ,since i have like 5 spools of it. I will try some Esun which i have 1 spool of it left and see if it has blobs aswell. but thisone has bad layer adhesion and breaks easy.

If you have poor layer adhesion, try a higher extrusion temperature and/or less print cooling.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 02, 2015 05:02PM
I found half an hour ago some small tips at my new favorite manufacturer. Even though the PLA is capable to print at 185°C he suggests to print the first layer at 230°C and the other layers at 207°C. I am testing this right now, but with filament from another distributor (I do not have much PLA from him, but I ordered today two spools). Also the printing speed should be 50 mm/s and the outer perimiters at 30 mm/s and the first layer with 30%. But of course it can differs from the filament, the printer, the fact if you use a heated bed or not and the among of cooling. But as my prints are not blob free also (but it does not bother me very much) and I had to cancel my last print as the print head or the proximity sensor crashed into such blob I give this a try. I have nothing to loose except for the filament but this is no filament of high quality also so what.

Edit: Marked in bold.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2015 06:06AM by Treito.

August 02, 2015 05:25PM
Which is this new favorite distributer?
August 02, 2015 05:43PM
Kiboplast. PLA quality is comparable with 3DFilaments. ABS slightly better than esun. But it is hard to say AS they was some fake deliveries at one big international online shop and they may have problems with 3mm - hard to say, but I did not find an English homepage yet. The print quality looks like 3DFilaments and the colors are very common and looks much better than esun. That is at least my opinion. But I could not test it yet with a 0.4 mm nozzle. And the ABS also warps if not printed on BuildTak so I will test soon FormFutura Easyfil ABS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2015 05:44PM by Treito.

August 03, 2015 12:37AM
Hey the tooltip of this option looks interesting. I wiould give this a try:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login