Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

where can I purchase a 0.1 mm nozzle?

Posted by bardiaesm 
where can I purchase a 0.1 mm nozzle?
January 10, 2014 06:29PM
Im currently making a 3d printer and i need a really small nozzle(0.070 to 0.1), the smallest i can find is 0.25 which is not what i need
I cant not find them anywhere
do you guys know any place i can buy that nozzle?
Re: where can I purchase a 0.1 mm nozzle?
January 10, 2014 09:23PM
I think you might have problems with this size. It may be too small and you won't be able to push the filament.
January 11, 2014 12:29AM
Lulzbot has a .15mm nozzle for Budaschnozzle 2.0 they also sell a blank one that you can drill out yourself to any size. Going to .15mm is pretty extreme I don't even know if a .1mm would be any good.
January 11, 2014 02:23AM
.15 is known to work.. but you need a strong extruder. The version i've seen used a makergear geared extruder

I've never seen anything smaller that a .15.. you might have to make you own .1
January 11, 2014 08:41AM
You will have a lot of issues doing down to .1mm, it can be done, but you will loose most all bridging and overhang capabilities, and your print times will go through the roof on anything of any size.
January 11, 2014 10:00AM
bardiaesm
Im currently making a 3d printer and i need a really small nozzle(0.070 to 0.1), the smallest i can find is 0.25 which is not what i need
I cant not find them anywhere
do you guys know any place i can buy that nozzle?
I don't know what you're trying to print but if it needs a nozzle that small FFM or FDM is probably not the right process. I also think you would have trouble getting your X and Y movement to run that accurately to utilize it. Unless you built a very specialized machine. Drilling one yourself would be a tough job at that small of a diameter those would normally be made with EDM machine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 10:04AM by cnc dick.
January 13, 2014 12:15PM
you should look into milling instead. extruding plastic with that small of a nozzle size is going to be very difficult, and the calibration for the machine would simply be unrealistic. the bed would have to be perfectly flat, and the rails straight as well. if you do want to do this though start with a .4 or .5mm nozzle to learn the ins and outs of 3d printing, trust me ive used everything between 1.2 and 0.15mm nozzle and ill tell you that with the .15 the ammount of precision was terrible because the tolerances on filament basically cause a huge variation on extrusion width, also you will probably spend hours on tiny parts that will just curl up into balls.
January 13, 2014 07:43PM
aduy
you should look into milling instead. extruding plastic with that small of a nozzle size is going to be very difficult, and the calibration for the machine would simply be unrealistic. the bed would have to be perfectly flat, and the rails straight as well. if you do want to do this though start with a .4 or .5mm nozzle to learn the ins and outs of 3d printing, trust me ive used everything between 1.2 and 0.15mm nozzle and ill tell you that with the .15 the ammount of precision was terrible because the tolerances on filament basically cause a huge variation on extrusion width, also you will probably spend hours on tiny parts that will just curl up into balls.
I agree there is lot to 3-D printing it's a big learning curve it's not easy a lot of people make it sound so but it's not build your machine get a decent size nozzle somewhere around .3 to.4 and start to get a feel for it. I don't know what your machine is really like but I'm sure you are going to find many problems
A2
January 13, 2014 07:53PM
You might be able to EDM a Dia 0.10 mm (0.004" inch) hole.

$7.60 for a Dia 0.10 mm (0.004" inch) pin gage.
Vermont Gage Steel No-Go Plug Gage, Tolerance Class ZZ (Inch)

Electrical Discharge Machining with old Doorbell Parts
[www.youtube.com]
January 14, 2014 02:36AM
A2
Electrical Discharge Machining with old Doorbell Parts
[www.youtube.com]

cool
January 10, 2016 08:34AM
currently printing 0.2 nosal 0.05 layer on chinese P802m prusa i3 it looks very butifull compare 0.4 nosal but only using 0.05 layer when printing holes horizontally with no suport otherwise the printing time is going to the roof my advise only buy 0.1 nosal vhen you have a garage where printer can go nonstop once i print 23 hours no moresmiling smiley
VDX
January 10, 2016 05:13PM
... it's pretty easy to make a nozzle 'finer' - I've changed a 0.5mm nozzle to 0.25 by 'hammering' the tip to compress the bore and then reopened it from behing with a 0.25mm-drill.

But 0.1mm would be a really hard job to get it running successfull ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2016 05:13PM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
January 14, 2016 04:28AM
I bought these, but it doesn't give an acceptable result yet. 0.2 works fine.

[www.aliexpress.com]
January 14, 2016 01:19PM
Don't screw around with nozzles that small. Get an SLA machine, they're more precise.
July 26, 2016 09:36PM
You can purchase an extruder with 0.1mm nozzle at Novio 3D Online Shop

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2016 09:36PM by Gaver1974.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login