Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maxtemp error

Posted by foul_owl 
Maxtemp error
April 30, 2015 04:22AM
HI folks,

I get a maxtemp error when I hit 300C, yet my firmware is limited at 350C. I have an e3dv6 so yes it can handle high temps for special kinds of filament. Marlin firmware.

Thanks!
Re: Maxtemp error
April 30, 2015 04:41AM
foul_owl
HI folks,

I get a maxtemp error when I hit 300C, yet my firmware is limited at 350C. I have an e3dv6 so yes it can handle high temps for special kinds of filament. Marlin firmware.

Thanks!

Are you useing the std thermistor that comes with the E3D if so they max out and can be damaged above 295C see E3D Assembly in particular look at the PID tuning section.

If you need to exceed this temp you will need to fit a Thermocouple and adaptor board for it.

HTH

Doug
May 07, 2015 07:19PM
I think there might be an issue with the thermistor setting in the firmware then, since I am getting delamination even at 295C.

I set the thermistor to type to "5" in the marlin firmware as described in the documentation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
May 09, 2015 03:30AM
foul_owl
I think there might be an issue with the thermistor setting in the firmware then, since I am getting delamination even at 295C.

I set the thermistor to type to "5" in the marlin firmware as described in the documentation.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Like dougal already said: the sensor can´t show temps above 300°C. Your hotend may be much hotter, but the ramps doesn`t notice

You can´t climb on the roof with a 3-step ladder....
Olaf
May 12, 2015 06:29PM
You have likely damaged the thermistor if you took it over 295C...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login